Skip navigation

Another mk1, now resprayed at home!

Back to the top

Another mk1, now resprayed at home!

I used cellulose paint, primed the whole thing and then 4 coats of colour. Used my new spraygun! I'm happy with it for my fist time spraying, I'm hoping that it will polish up very nice!

ross_m said

Looking good. i didnt realise you would have it sprayed so soon. I might have to steal you extractor fan idea :lol:

Decided to spray it so soon because this is about the last chance of getting warmish weather, got a nice day for it and kept my heater on too! The fan will be handy for other jobs like welding and grinding rust! Still need to get a new windscreen but here is another pic of the front!

and one of the side

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Good plan to get it done before Autumn sets in. Hope you have a rotary to polish it up with. Remember years ago when we sprayed a mini with cellulose trying to polish it with t-cut, didn't really stand a hope!

Marc

Back to the top
Now got myself some lowered suspension and tyres to fit on some alloys a had sitting about wainting for the right car, also gave the car a bit of a polish but I think it will need alot more!

New suspension kit

new wheels on before suspension and polish

Just need to free off the track rod so I can set the tracking!

Back to the top
Looks pretty cool buddy

Good work

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
fair play mate that looks great for your first spray job,gonna do mine next year when ive sorted it out :y:

Back to the top
Its looking really good. Did you flat the paint aswell before polishing?

Will look better still when the springs settle.

Back to the top
Not flatted the paint because the paper aint arrived yet! Took ages to free off the track rod but its all free now and tracked! Will wet sand the car and polish it again, maybe a job for next weekend! The lowering kit was brand new on ebay for ?120 and says it lowers by 40mm, the ride is still really good and even if it does not settle down anymore it will be fine as I use it every day, at least the tyres dont rub at that height!

Back to the top
Really happy to find out today that someone decided to rip off the drivers mirror and smash the passenger one! Just what you want after spending 2 weeks working on the car, doesnt look like the paint is damaged tho! On the up side my boss was impressed with the respray!

Back to the top
needs a proper good flat and polish mate
but good effort

Back to the top

Jack1 said

needs a proper good flat and polish mate
but good effort

Thanks, plan to flat and polish it next weekend!

Back to the top
Been polishing the car a little bit but the weather is really bad and my shed if full of the other mk1 and the motorbikes and its blocked by my brother mk2! So here is the pics so far

Back to the top
Looks pretty decent

Well done

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thanks I just want to see it on a dry day now to see what it really looks like! Its 10 time better that it was before the respray so I'm happy with that!

Back to the top
Is this still forsale as i'm not too far away from you and V interested

1983 GTI-Black

MY very first one AND LOVING IT!!!!!

Back to the top
Yeah still for sale!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.