Skip navigation

fantasy footy

Back to the top

fantasy footy

trickyharris said

Anyone can join at anytime, get involved!
Dont think you start points down as the players you pick would have already got points in the bag..?

Never understood arsenal fans, ade had been their best player season after season and they still wanted rid. I thought he would have a good season so hes been in my team.

Yeah join up you don't lose any points.  It just takes whatever points you currently have.  If you dont have a team though you will only gain points from the point you create a team.

Ade was really good for a few seasons…. but when he's bringing the dressing room down, requesting to go, not even wanting to play and going missing in games… at some point you have to say he's given up and should be cut from the team.  It's been good for him, Man City and Arsenal's.  There's nothing to understand… it needed to happen for everyone involved but should have happened at the start of last season (at the latest)… not drag him and Arsenal through another one  :roll:

Back to the top
Liverpool got beat 3-1…. no points for me  :cry: …. didn't see that one comming…. got more people joining the league now… nice one  :lol:

Back to the top
Yeah, I thought Carragher would be a safe bet as my rock in defence - no such luck tonight!  Still, Torres got a sneaky one so all is not lost!

Back to the top

neo283 said

Yeah, I thought Carragher would be a safe bet as my rock in defence - no such luck tonight!  Still, Torres got a sneaky one so all is not lost!

I knew someone would have got points there  :lol:  ……Johnson is a good buy but couldn't work him into my team….  :roll:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Johnson is a good buy but couldn't work him into my team….  :roll:

Same here.  He should get plenty of assists to his name on top of what should be a prettyy watertight defence.  Shame he's pricey.

I would have gone for Evra for the same reasons, but he's only likely to play in 75% of games with the twin full backs coming through the ranks  8)

Back to the top

neo283 said

I would have gone for Evra for the same reasons, but he's only likely to play in 75% of games with the twin full backs coming through the ranks  8)

Evra should play most of them now he's fit bud.  I swapped him for Evans until Vidic and Ferdinand come back (Evans was only 5.5m so I could spend more money on other players).

Who else has joined?  Seems a good idea this so thanks for setting it up.. thought there were only 2-3 footy fans on here  :lol:

Back to the top
Im starting to feel gutted and needing wholesale changes after my first week suprise of heading the table(s)!
Each day im checking to see whos injured and juggling ideas who to bring in, consult fixtures then debate.. Ideally this week i would make 3 changes but dont want to lose anymore points!!!

Oh well, suppose it makes lunch come quicker..

Back to the top

trickyharris said

Im starting to feel gutted and needing wholesale changes after my first week suprise of heading the table(s)!
Each day im checking to see whos injured and juggling ideas who to bring in, consult fixtures then debate.. Ideally this week i would make 3 changes but dont want to lose anymore points!!!

Oh well, suppose it makes lunch come quicker..

lol…. you're getting addicted like I was bud!!  

It changes so fast that you'll keep chasing it mate… I chased it for the past two seasons… going to try and keep my team the same until someone has a major injury or doesn't play  :dontknow:

Are people in your work doing it?

Back to the top
I know, the first weeks points tasted like the first inhale of a sweet cigerette and ive been chasing it since..

No one from my work does it, im sat in a room full of women. Theres no talk of fball and cars here, more so celeb gossip and, well, to be fair i dont bother listening..hence why wasting time sorting out a team seems appealing
Your work on the otherhand seem as tho theres money to be made  :D

Back to the top
I'd certainly be more interested if there was money to be made!  Right now, i'd love to bring Drogba or Defoe in, but I already have Rooney & Torres, so who do I drop?!  I could go 4-3-3, but my midfield suffered as a result of the attack.

Thinking about dumping Carragher and going for a more attacking defender.  He's good for some solid clean sheets and a hat full of games, but no more so than any other top-6 defender and he rarely score from corners.  I'm thinking it's better to have a defence full of full backs/wing backs - you still get the points if they keep a clean sheet, but they pick up a few more cheeky goals and assists.

Hmmm, think I'm giving away too much here!  This league is the most competitive though… I'm 3rd here, but winning my other ones :)

Back to the top
Just joined the league, it says i'll be added after the next points update.

Up the Villa! :dance:

Back to the top
Nice.  The more the merrier I say!  I just made a coupe of changes… decided to study the fixture list a little bit - Man U vs Arsenal this weekend.

Is anyone in one of those head-to-head leagues?  Instead of point totals, it draws fixtutres and plays weekly points aginst each other, giving 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw like the real thing.  Pretty cool.

Back to the top
Yeah i'm in a head to head league, i'm doing shocking at the minute.

Played 3, lost 2, won 1 and i'm 24th out of 26!! :boohoo:

Might need to make some changes!

Back to the top

trickyharris said

I know, the first weeks points tasted like the first inhale of a sweet cigerette and ive been chasing it since..

No one from my work does it, im sat in a room full of women. Theres no talk of fball and cars here, more so celeb gossip and, well, to be fair i dont bother listening..hence why wasting time sorting out a team seems appealing
Your work on the otherhand seem as tho theres money to be made  :D

lol… Yeah but you're not allowed in… looks like you know what your doing with that team bud so I aint taking the chance of you winning the money!!!!  :lol:

Form, rotation and injuries play a massive part.. a lot of it is luck.  Broke even last season… hoping to get a few 2nd places this season.

Back to the top

neo283 said

Thinking about dumping Carragher and going for a more attacking defender.  He's good for some solid clean sheets and a hat full of games, but no more so than any other top-6 defender and he rarely score from corners.  I'm thinking it's better to have a defence full of full backs/wing backs - you still get the points if they keep a clean sheet, but they pick up a few more cheeky goals and assists.

You're onto something there… it's why Johnson is worth sooo much… and centre backs that score from corners like Terry, Lescott, Ferdinand etc… hmmm…. scoring wing backs… now you've got me thinking lol  :wink:

Back to the top

neo283 said

Man U vs Arsenal this weekend.

I know… even without Ronaldo they're a massive club… hope Arsenal can get some points from it!!  :?

Back to the top

mooseav said

Good work  :y:

my slight addiction has gone as far as trying to find the free kick/corner takers for each club..

Back to the top

trickyharris said

mooseav said

my slight addiction has gone as far as trying to find the free kick/corner takers for each club..

HAHAHAHA…. oh dear…. you've got it bad bud  :wink:

Back to the top
got it bad or bordom/killing time..ONLY THE POINTS WILL DECIDE!!!

Back to the top

trickyharris said

got it bad or bordom/killing time..ONLY THE POINTS WILL DECIDE!!!

LOL… I'm looking at Man City again….

9 defenders, 6 attackers… 9 midfielders…. who the hell is going to have a regular place apart from Barry, Ireland and Adebayour!?!?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.