Skip navigation

my new mk1.. well new to me anyways!

Back to the top

my new mk1.. well new to me anyways!

1.8 '83, painted "tonga" green (landrover colour  :roll: ), ronal ls rims. To be used as a weekend / toy. Ive got quite a few little jobs to do before i really start up grading things on it

does anyone know what make coilovers these are?? only markings ive got on the springs says "evo100" and a part code on strut…

\'83 GTi Tin Top / Octavia VRs TDi Ltd Edition 71/500

Back to the top
She looks well tidy dude, not sure on the coils tho.

All i know is get em on and slam it hard!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
love the colour! Get them coilovers fitted now! I'll look the nuts once they're on and wound down low!

Back to the top
haha thanks for the comments! ye agreed will look well when the coils are on, im ""trying"" to be sensible and get the passenger driveshaft joints fixed first as they are pretty much knackered but the coils do keep calling out fit me lol

Dave

Back to the top
I quite like the colour  :dontknow: .  Love the wheels Dave!!  Looks seriously tidy mate  :wink:

Back to the top
forgot to mention it is an import too, brought over from germany in 1995

Dave

Back to the top
love it, gotta say thats one of the best colours i think i'v seen yet, but thats just my preference really like it, she certainly clean and tidy :wink:  8)  :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
I was bored so I had a quick go at lowering it for you

Back to the top
Think thse coils are just hottuning ones mate. Look exactly like my ones.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top

bouchay said

I was bored so I had a quick go at lowering it for you

Ha cheers for that!!! does look well in the pic, cant make my mind up about the lower sticker! i was intending in getting the lower black trims.  Washed polished and waxed it last night plus some back to black, has come up really well to be fair. Pretty happy with what ive paid!
Ah cool cheers il do a google search for hottuning. How do you find them??

dave

Back to the top
I've got Hottuning coilovers on my Rivage, it all depends on what you deem comfortable! Also tyre combo and how low you run them. The lower they are the stiffer/hasher the ride comfort. The Hottuning ones don't have adjustable dampners, just ride height. I used to have mine real low but I didn't like it so I rasied it in 5-10mm increments untill I could compromise with stance and comfort. My tyres arre 195/50/16's on Porsche Design 90's, but next month will be swapping them for 195/45/16's because I can get a better deal on tyres and they should, in theory, be more comfort when driving. Well probaly won't even notice the difference between the 40 and 45 % tyre wall difference anyway!

Heres how it stands at the moment:

Back to the top
looks well that. The roads around me arent the best so like you say will have to have a comprimise, drop it on its arse for the shows!

Dave

Back to the top
thought it was about time i did an up date! Since i last posted ive fitted 2 new wheel bearings to the front, one was absolutely f**ked and its managed to taper the stub axle so one side isnt too tight on the stub, another job to do at some point! i also fitted inner and outer joints on the passenger side shaft. The coil overs went on the car this weekend just gone, all fitted in an hr or so but then had the car up in the air more times than i can count trying to get a equal ride height both sides and then to get looks and practicallity ( the roads around me are pretty poor!) Anyways it does look well now though. ( will post a pic of the car at its ne It does seem to handle pretty well now and doesnt seem too stiff either. My gearbox seal kits arrived today too but i'l prob leave that till the car comes off the road at the end of oct when the tax is up and its gets put to bed for the winter and i can start doing some serious work to it and get some proper up dates on here!

Dave

before -

Rears on

rears on and still in the air

fronts before -

all the coil overs on but still up on ramps

ive got a pic of the car as it is now on my fone but is playing up so will take a pic with the camera later and post

Back to the top
I took some pics of the car in drive last nite when i got back, it looks soo much better dropped down…. ( excuse my cardboard drip tray under the car!! dripping gearbox seal!)

Dave

Back to the top
Wow! That looks bloomin lovely 8O

Back to the top
Nice drop!!!

Back to the top
Very nice, colour looks nice 8)

Looking good on the coilies to.

Pete

Back to the top
:clap:

Looks great.

MY80 GTI | MY07 GTI | MY10 S3

Back to the top
thanks for the comments! im quite surprised how well it handles, to be honnest i thought with them being cheapy coil overs they would ride like a park bench when wound down but they arent too bad at all! 1 thing off the list to do….

Dave

Back to the top
Another big gap since i last posted! Had a quick play with the golf at the weekend so took a few pics while i was goin along…..

front end went from this….

crystal clear cross hairs purchased off ebay

finally looking like this……

all this lot was pulled through from the boot, more cables than scottish power!!

a selection of bits to go on….. gearbox seals, wolfsberg window winders, trim clips ( refit the upper one and ive not new lower ones arriving in the post in the next day or so) new rocker cover gasket, ive also got 2 new door cards to go on in mint condition with no speaker holes plus a selection of parts on the way as we speak ( new dash, window winder mech, bonnet release mech)

ive got my mates wet vac at the moment so the interior is coming out and i'm hoping to give it a few good cleans. To be fair its not in bad condition at the moment bar a few little fag holes and some stiching on the rear bench ( the camera flash has made the black sides look white!) I Want to try and keep the car looking pretty original so im hopeing to keep the factory interior in rather than retriming ect..

once ive got the interior all out i'l give the carpet a once over with the wet vac too

future plans are a modded o.e back box, pressed alloy plates, red/crystal rear clusters, crsytal indicators, cl splitter, respray front and rear valances, rub down, restone chip and paint inner arches, new chrome badges… all of which im hoping will be done by U.D!

Dave

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.