Skip navigation

my new 79 golf

Back to the top

my new 79 golf

Thought you might have just been doing an engine swap. Will be interesting to see the end result.

Marc

Back to the top
posting off my mk4 ecu today to get a remap and immobiliser defeat. been told remap will be good for around 200bhp and with turbo upgrade in future OE ecu will be capable of 250BHP which i think will be plenty in a mk1!!!!! This route is a lot lot lot cheaper than a grand for qpeng stuff.

Back to the top
my poor old series 1 will struggle to gets its original bhp mate lol, will no be racing you

Back to the top
got some more stuff done yesterday and today.
took the crashed mk4 down to the garage to whip ou the engine:

soon this:

will be swapped for this!!!!!!!!

got a set of G60 steels, complete with centres. was gonna band them but they are brand new and it seems a bit of a shame so just gonna see what they look like on first

also sent my ECU to one place this week for the immopbiliser defeat, but they could not do it so sent it somewhere else to be done…hoping to have it back by mid week….

Back to the top
cant wait to get my teeth into this thread mate. keep us updated. plenty of pics for us lazy ones to gaze at :D

how much you scavange the mk4 for? and the rims?

Back to the top
having the engine box shifter ecu rear calipers and breaking the rest.
wheels are for sale for ?100 with good goodyear eagle tyres.
selling all the mk4 bits cheap just to get rid

Back to the top
Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead.
hope you don't change the colour.
definately going to be watching your progress.

Back to the top
got a new set of rims last night.
cant decide what to put on, thought i would try some scmidt modernlines 15x8 need a refurb but will look cool, i think?????
still fancy banded, really like bbr rm but want something different???

Back to the top

jonwelsh said

got a new set of rims last night.
cant decide what to put on, thought i would try some scmidt modernlines 15x8 need a refurb but will look cool, i think?????
still fancy banded, really like bbr rm but want something different???

I wanted those wheels for my caddy. Just couldnt find any at the time!

Back to the top
looking at these scmidt rims in the garage i dont think they will suit my mk1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
may be up for sale!!!!!!!!!
back to banded g60's, i think!!!

Back to the top
Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Back to the top
350 ono thats what i gave. 4 good tyres included.

Back to the top
Got he old 1.1 engine out.

next job is to move the drivers side mount
drill out battery tray
remove wings to hide wiring in them.

then in with the 20vt….YEY

Back to the top
coming along nicely

Back to the top
been today and picked up a bootlid, as mine was a bit rotten along the bottom

and also a new pair of front wings, as again mine are a bit rotten along the bottom:

i also bit the bullet and bought a set of BBS RS 8" for rear 7.5" for front with stainless dish gonna pick them up this week……ouch…bit hit to the budget!!!!!!

Back to the top
I know how you feel with your budget, almost had enough for a complete respray and weld work then blew it on other bits for the golf.  Looks like your going to have a cracker once done though.

Alex.

Back to the top
Cant wait to see this finished. Did you manage to get a series 1 tailgate?

Back to the top
no not a series one unfortunately, i will probably weld up the third hole....not too sure yet???

Back to the top
If i remember right, if you do that, the holes will be in the wrong place anyway..

If it being an s2 tailgate bothers you, you can get repair sections for the lower half. Thats what Im going to get for mine.

Back to the top
yeah i think i may put the series 2 one on for now and keep the old one and get it refurbed in the future.
i guess it is not that important.
trying to get material to recover my seats at the moment.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.