Studio Photo of your car!

Back to the top

Studio Photo of your car!

ChrisRivage said

Westcoast13 said

Aren't you meant to be working?  8O  :wink:

Alrate fella what do you draw and render in?  :D  

Think your work looks cool  :P

I use various 3d programs (blender is a good open source, or 3ds max through work - preferred!!)

Also Adobe suite, Photoshop & Illustrator.

Back to the top

Lessy-Jim said

I dont get this..

Why would you want a photo realistic of a car that looks like a pretend mk1..

Its out of proportion - surely just a proper photo would be much better????

cos it's hard to get a pic that is as 'clean' as a rendering.  outside you have other cars, weather, dust, leaves etc etc.. you also get reflections of other stuff on the car so you might not see the lines and details as well.
also my car doesn't look that good yet! i'd like a pic of 'the finished product' before it's finished lmao :P

i think it's a good idea, for 20quid it's a bit of a bargain really.

thats fair enough then

I just didnt get why someone would want it

I'd be happier with an actual pic of my actual car, but thats me..

Back to the top
If you get anyone to pay money, it needs to look a hell of a lot more like the real thing first. And why would someone want one signed?

Anyway skipping over that part, in your example i think it needs the proportions changed.

1: Height of rear wheel in relation to rear bumper.
2: Panel under head lights to big
3: "A" pillar window
4: Door mirror size compared to door handle
5: Front spoiler corner radius
6: Tailgate angle
7: "B" pillar curve

The list goes on, still way better than i could do, but just giving you feedback :wink:

Back to the top
this poor guy comes on, says hey guys, i'm a designer, I can design you a image of your car, an accurate replica, to put your car, or the mk1 of your dreams in any location…It will require 60 hours of work on 3d modelling software…

"i decided to model a golf just for fun anyway" - i.e. this is a quick mock up.

And you slate him?  Basically saying This is rubbish, why would we want this?

don't lynch the poor guy, just don't ask for one?

For the record mate, I got a canon and the mk1 of my dreams so thanks but no thanks - but I think you've got skills and this is a good idea for folks mid resto who want to see possible finishes?  Also, would be interested in some cool desktop wallpapers.  And ?20? Lower lower!! :)

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top

WeeTony said

this poor guy comes on, says hey guys, i'm a designer, I can design you a image of your car, an accurate replica, to put your car, or the mk1 of your dreams in any location…It will require 60 hours of work on 3d modelling software…

"i decided to model a golf just for fun anyway" - i.e. this is a quick mock up.

And you slate him?  Basically saying This is rubbish, why would we want this?

don't lynch the poor guy, just don't ask for one?

For the record mate, I got a canon and the mk1 of my dreams so thanks but no thanks - but I think you've got skills and this is a good idea for folks mid resto who want to see possible finishes?  Also, would be interested in some cool desktop wallpapers.  And ?20? Lower lower!! :)

"I'm a designer, i can design you an accurate replica????"

Don't think you understand the difference between "slating" someone personally and saying this is a poor example of a mk1.  But coming on here and saying you will do a run of 50 signed for ?20 and show people this image! He said this is for fun, and it is the final view. Yet it is so far from a mk1 i think people were a bit shocked.

If its for fun its a great piece of work and must have taken a great deal of spare time. But if you think its a product that you can sell to mk1 owners in a limited run and then sign its a bit different!  8O  8O

Back to the top
8O  :D

Just checked back to this thread!

Cheers for all the comments guys.

I don't take it as a lynching at all. Thats how you learn. I'm not changing the model now, i'm just too busy, but there are some very valid points there, although some can be down to camera angle/perspective etc. (not all thugh by any means!).

Plus, the mrs is expecting, so the MK1 might have to go too. :(

Glad i got you all talking anyway.  :)

Back to the top
Nice idea, an good skills, but a 3D model in no way replaces a photo.

Marc

Back to the top

mkeeley said

Nice idea, an good skills, but a 3D model in no way replaces a photo.

Perhaps you just mean in this case, but i'd say a lot of the car adverts you see in magazines or on TV are 3d these days.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.