Skip navigation

How does yours handle in the wet?

Back to the top

How does yours handle in the wet?

clubsport said

P6000 in the wet give you an idea of what a 500bhp gti would be like, the way they spin up at the merest hint of surface moisture.

So true, the worrying thing is how popular they are. The next time you['re in a car park take a look, you'll find loads of cars running them.

T :?

Back to the top
I have a cabby and the best tyres i've had on it are continental - but still understeers in the wet if you push too hard! Yoko's were ok in the dry and average in the wet - Nankang again ok dry, but bloody awful in the wet, hope this helps!!!

Back to the top
If you havent already, get a proper geometry set-up. Camber and toe etc. If possible, get it corner weighed to balance the car too (if you have coilovers)

You should be able to get a car to feel balanced, even on basic tyres. you may find your wheels are pointing all over the place. If a pro set-up on corner scales costs you ?250, I think its money well spent.

Back to the top
guess im in for a shock then once the vr6 is in.....lol

Back to the top
I was following a toyota corolla in the rain driven by a woman going around a roundabout when the back end of my golf decided to catch up with the front  8O. Did a complete spin before coming to a halt. I couldnt believe it  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Well, what tyres do you run on?

T

Back to the top
p6 on front left, continental front right, dunlop rear left and goodyear rear right.
 Y? 8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
when ma car was 1.1 with F1 goodye20540 16" on it handled on rails dry or wet once had my m8  in it going round a bend in the wet next min he started shouting slow down i was only doing 40 round a sharpish bend not flying just cruzing , he drives a impreza wrx 18" and said he would have been in the hedge if he had went round in the wet at 40
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.