Skip navigation

Yorkshire August Meet - ** UPDATED Skipton 26th of August**

Back to the top

Yorkshire August Meet - ** UPDATED Skipton 26th of August**

Eh up Lads and Lasses,

As August is a jam packed with shows local to us (even though one means crossing the pennines into the land of barm cakes) we may be hard pushed for a weekend meet.

Just wondering if anyone is up for a mid week evening meet maybe with a short drive out or just a couple of ales and a natter.

Will gauge feeling from the thread and sort summit owt.

If not will do a biggy in September.

Kim

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Mid week is better for me as work on railway always takes place on weekends thats why i have never been but if you do want to do a biggy meet next month i can book time off if enough notice.

Nice to meet you both by the way  :D .

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Was great to meet you too. If we get a couple more people will do mid week one think it would be good. people might noitce this tread now the ones from the weekend have calmed down a bit...

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Midweek would be good for me, been meaning to come to yorkshire meet but never had the mk1 on the road or been too busy. Should be able to get me and a couple of others with mk1s to a meet, depending on location.

Bob

'81 1.8T
BMW R1200GSA
Caddy 2k 1.8T

Back to the top
I don't know about calming down from the weekend, I'm only just recovering. :lol:

Anways I'm up for whatever, wherever. Just as long as my shifts let me.  :roll:

and Mr purple we always like to see new faces and especially new cars, it'll be great if you can get along. :y:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
where are these meets held. very interested in meeting more mk1 owners!

thanks
kevin

Back to the top
Kim, dependant on the date and shift work - I may be able to attend this mid week meet.

I for one always preferred mid week meets because it left the weekends to do other stuff.

Dan

Back to the top
Hi Kevin,

We have them in various locations around yorkshire, so far some of hte ones weve done were near York, Halifax, Holmfirth, Leeds, Huddersfield. We also attended the north west tresure hunt meet and the last one we did we did a run to scarborough and joined in with the big fat tour.  We normally meet up somewhere go for a drive then have lunch/ a drink some where normally a family friendly pub.
Just going to have a small evening one in August not sure where yet, will try and do it somewhere central to the where everyone whos posted is. Will get location put up this weekend.

There's normally between 5 and 10 cars attending the meets family welcome along. If you look back at previous thread in this section you can see some of the pics and where weve been.

Thanks Kim

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Have you done a Skipton meet yet??  :wink:

Scarborough mid week would be difficult!

Back to the top
skipton sounds good about 3 miles from me although not much of a run out for the golf. some good pubs with big carparks. keep us posted kim.

thanks
kevin

Back to the top
Hey all - I would be up for coming along! Have recently bought a cabby and would be interested meeting up and going for a spin sometime soon and meet up with a few people. Am in West Leeds…

On another note, will the Harewood House festival in mid Aug be a big thing?? Not sure whether to camp on the Sat or just bob over on Sunday for the day…any advice?

Matt

Mighty Mariner

1992 Red GTI Sportline (SOLD)

Back to the top
Skipton would be great for me, live in Bingley and work in Skipton, it's only a 15 min drive out :)

'81 1.8T
BMW R1200GSA
Caddy 2k 1.8T

Back to the top
This will be the last drive in the car as tax runs out at the end of the month and is then comming off the road for a engine swap to a 16v and a freshen up, big plans now if i can pull them off. Will be nice to meet the rest of you. I may go to the leeds show just on the sunday as going to leeds festivle at the end of the month so camping for 4 nights and thats all the campping i can cope with.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Hey mightymariner good to have a new face on the site

Have been to harewood vw festival the last two years, the 1st year just on the sunday and last year we camped. Its a good show we had a good time camping last year they have a disco etc in the evening. There is a post on national meets section with all the details if you fancy coming let us know.

As Skipton has been suggested a couple of can anyone suggest a nice pub to meet at with a decent car park.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
there are quite a few good pubs with large carparks in skipton. the bayhorse on the way into skipton. craven heifer on the farside of skipton. how many cars usually come? what night will it be?

kevin

Back to the top
hi all,will b up 4 this 1 cheers martin 8)

Back to the top
Hiya,

How does the 26th of August sound 7pm at the Bayhorse pub near skipton, will post directions shortly. We will be heading over there from Leeds if anyone fancy a mini convoy on the way there letus know.

Thanks

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Sounds good to me if it's still starting fine, i could always meet you on route too.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Sounds good to me :D

'81 1.8T
BMW R1200GSA
Caddy 2k 1.8T

Back to the top
sounds good, I`ll  bring some t shirts and stickers shall I?? :mrgreen:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.