Skip navigation

South West Meets - glos

Back to the top

South West Meets - glos

b3an6030 are you on about the Rubba Dubz meet in Worcester? I've been meaning to go along to that meet for a while, but I could deffo come across for the Hot Air Balloon meet in september, i'm only in Hereford.

Back to the top

s west meet

im up for the 12th what time s everyone meeting? also poping down to abingdon meet nxt wed nite if anyone interested

Back to the top
How does 2pm sound?  Just picked that at random, but its sort of in the middle of the day.

Back to the top
Gutted I won't be around for this :(  Looking fr any excuse to see a few other Mk1's and get some ideas on how to tidy things up on mine.

Maybe next time, eh?!

If anyone is up for going to any other VW meets in the area let me know - I'd be interested in going :)

Back to the top
id definately be up for the air balloon, but cant do the september one. Would love to meet up with likeminded people, and show murphy off!!

Back to the top
We should try and make a regular monthly meet.  A lot of the other regions meet the first/second/third sunday etc of every month.  

There seem to be quite a few of us, so we should try and get something in the calender.  

How would the first Sunday of each month work for everyone, or other suggestions?

Is anyone off to Edition 38 next weekend?  Me and Dave are hoping to go on Saturday?

Back to the top
I'm up for the first Sunday of the month.  Some time in the afternoon?  We could alternate between junctions of the M5, so maybe drift down and pick up some from the Somerset area, and up a tad to gather those from Worcester/Evesham.

Why not put a poll up and suggest the dates?  Who's the post starter?  Or Mr Moderbator?!

Where is Edition 38?

Back to the top
Great Idea!!  That covers some great areas.

The next 3 dates after the 12th September would be
4th October
1st November
6th December

Is 2pm a good time or perhaps a bit earlier as it gets darker earlier?

Ideas on venues?  Furthjer down south perhaps for October?

Haven't been to Edition 38 before, but it looks like the place to be next weekend.  Its in Northampton, so a bit of drive from here, but all dubs.

http://www.edition38.com

Back to the top

s west meet

2pm on the 12th sounds good to me :D the first sunday of the month is gd as easy to remember i think, midday better time?

Back to the top
How long do you recon you'll be there for? An hour or so? I might be running a little late tomorrow.  :oops:  :roll:

Back to the top
What a goon! I thought it was today! :oops: I drove all the way there and then discovered I come a day late! :roll:  :banghead: I'll upload the photos later

Back to the top

s west meet

no way thats a shame was a good meet yest good location aswell ,hope you can make next one mate sun oct 4th midday i think

Back to the top
glad you came though!  Look forward to meeting you at the next meet on the 4th Oct, 12noon same place

Back to the top
Wrong day! What an idiot

Will make it to the next one tho

Back to the top
Great pics, we didn't take any!

Mines a cabby, but she's off the road at the mo (ripped off by a bad ebay seller), so we're having to come in an honourary MK1 (hubbys R32) but I am bringing pics of the work so far.  Hoping she'll be on the road January.

See you at the next meet, we already have some more new faces who've said they're coming, so I think we'll have a good turn out!

Back to the top
I will be there in Murphy, but won't stay long as there is a classic car show on at The Frogmill Inn (a pub just up the road) that afternoon.
Unless anyone fancies coming along to that?!
Sam

Back to the top

MurphyGLi said

I will be there in Murphy, but won't stay long as there is a classic car show on at The Frogmill Inn (a pub just up the road) that afternoon.
Unless anyone fancies coming along to that?!
Sam

Possibly!  That sounds like fun :)

Theres the Classic Car thing in Malvern the following Sunday, too.  If anyone is going to that we should discuss and see if we get a convoy going.

Details HERE

Back to the top
We'll be there, so long as you don't mind us bringing up the rear in the honarary Mk1 (R32) we'd be up for a drive as well
There are too many online users to list.