Skip navigation

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

Back to the top

A589 VGB (The Blue Beast)

Lee-Dub -

Yeah I was off thursday and friday mate. Posted to Marham next week so just running around sorting stuff out this week. Hows your golf going? Did you get it finished? If you have a thread on here send me a link so I can have a look  :D

redpetemk1 -

Yeah it makes things easier but my powdercoating bills come to about ?120 so far so cheaper doing it yourself. But you know the golden rule, don't add up the bills or you will cry lol.

tamthebam16v -

Thanks mate. Once it's back on the next job is to plumb the pedal box and brakes in, Then it's engine time  :)

Back to the top
Yes mate Ive been running round camp with it for the last few weeks!  Its black now, you might of seen it?

Back to the top
No not seen it mate, gutted. How much did the resto cost you and where did you get it done? I will be working on mine tomorrow after lunch down the side of GEF, you should bring it down so I can have a look around  :D

Back to the top
Powder coating saves so much time tho, just give it to them, and it comes back clean and coated. After months with a wire brush I wanted to end it all lol!

Back to the top
Haha fair play. Thats showing some good dedication tho.

Back to the top
yea ill bring it down for you to have a gander chidz lad

Back to the top
Today I finally got the front running gear back on.

Then the new front brakes.

Followed by the steering rack.

The car is still sitting high at the front due to the lack of an engine. Plus I still have to set the tracking and camber. But at least it's back on it's wheels  :D .

Back to the top
Good work mate!  Went down to see this today and I love it.  The best bit tho????  Chidz gave me a FREE scuttle cover! FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
superb work there!!!

so jealous of the free scuttle cover…. :(

Back to the top
Lee-dub your golf is class. Made me jealous by having it on the road alrady, but also makes me want to push on with mine. You should put a build thread on here mate.

Cheers clinning. It's all starting to come together now. Almost time for an engine  :D

Back to the top

Back to the top

Chidz said

You should put a build thread on here mate.

Na mate, Im not a show off!  No in all seriousness I just haven't got round to doing one yet, im like you chidz im too busy working on my car to be sat online talking about working on cars.

Ill be down today tho with those bits for you, got you a prezzy seeing as you gave me your cover

Lee

Back to the top
Nice one mate. I should be kicking around camp by 11.

Back to the top
:y: top quality work going on there

impressively quick too!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
:lol: Truely top class work mate!!

Back to the top
:D  Thanks guys much appreciated. I have been busy moving recently so no progress, but it will be soon in it's new home and on with the engine conversion  :P

Back to the top
Right, now I have my car at it's new home I can commence work.

First thing I did today was whip one of the wings off. This was to check for rust and also because I will be running the brake lines along the inner wings as I am cleaning the engine bay.

It took me ages to get the wing off as the bolts were burried under about an inch of underseal. It's going to take me forever to scrape it all off.

Then I got the master clyinders set up on the pedal box. I need to shorten the rods tho as the brake pedal sits to high at the minute.

So the plan tomorrow is to start plumbing the brake lines in so stay tuned.

Back to the top
You got the new engine sorted then?

Maybe you'll need a Turbo Encabulator:
http://www.break.com/index/understanding-the-turbo-encabulator.html

Keep up the good work, getting the power into the new premesis tomorrow.

Back to the top
Yes mate got the engine. Picked it up from Birmingham yesterday.

It's a 2L 16V 9A engine from a Corrado.

It's a runner so the plan is to get it in the car, get it set up and running, hide the wiring and clean the bay, then pull it back out to get the shell done. While the shell is being done I will give it a re-build.

Does anyone have a wiring guide to put a 9A into a Mk1?

Back to the top
what fusebox is it, glass or blade? I have various 9a diagrams, hit me up with a pm with your email addy

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.