Skip navigation

My wee car! Coming along nicely

Back to the top

My wee car! Coming along nicely

My Mk1 1 that i thought i would share with you. Did post before but finally got the images working. Had er for 6 years just started working on it again, looking forward to the reward. any advice you feel i need, fire away! :P Hope you like my little car..

The wee one lending a helping hand. he was as useless as me…..

Lol this was a bad idea the TT exhaust weighs a ton and stuck out a mile also sat too low, the list goes on…

Any other images you guys wanna see just ask and ill get some new pics up. :P Thanks for looking! <3

Back to the top
Looking good there mate, was the engine in there when you bought it or is that your own work?

T

Back to the top
Yeah it was put in by me and a friend when i worked at Audi 5 years ago lol, but never had the funds to continue with it, so she is still a non runner but i have a friend who is helping with thye electrics so should be not to long before she is going. thanks for your kind words :P.

Back to the top
Im from Perth too. You might have seen my car about as I use it every day.

Looks like a good project. :y:

Back to the top
haha yeah mate, i actually spoke to you at the College not to long ago asking about a gti fuel system :P. Nice to see people so close on here too. How is your sweet car coming along?

Back to the top
I thought it might have been you :lol: Small world

My car is going well now. I replaced the carb mount today as it was drawing in air. Running great now so well chuffed! You probably noticed I had no carpets too :lol: I do now but they still arent in

Did you manage to get the parts you were after?

Back to the top
Yeah i managed to get them eventually so it's just wiring problems i have at the moment, but i have a friend on the case. i will hopefully be driving up to the College this time :P

Back to the top
Ah so you think it will be ready for college starting again then?

Back to the top
well there is a twist lol, it may be whether i am ready or not lol, i currently don't have a license but working on the car is inspiring me to go and get it AGAIN!  :lol:

Back to the top
some more pics from today, managed to complete one side of the car and the rear,only have the drivers door, part of the roof and the drivers side rear quarter to go. i dont have paint skills but damn, it looks so much better! :P

oh yeah anyone wants the mk1 big bumpers they have to go so gimme a shout if you are interested.

A little messy..

very bad condition rear panel.

Halfords Primer there, only the best……..

Back to the top
looking good

Back to the top
looking good

Back to the top
Thanks!! , so good you said it twice i see :P jk.

Back to the top
Im so glad those bumpers arent going on it. What bumpers are you going for?

Back to the top
haha yeah me too, i have always planned to put them back on, i fitted them yesterday to see what it was like and it is not to my liking anymore. but i have nothing to replace it with at the mo if you have any parts mate you could be a great help to me. Anything at all. :D oh yeah i am just gonna go for the standard ones i reckon the chrome ones will be out of my budget as are most things for the car. but i have to get the lower front spoiler too.

Back to the top
I just sold standard black plastic ones not long ago!

If you need anything at all, give me a shout. I will be keeping all the 1.8 parts for my Dads mk1 but I have lots of other stuff

Back to the top
Awesome mate, if you have a day free over the weekend give me a shout.

Back to the top
I sent you a PM

Back to the top
PM'D back.

Back to the top
well i have now got the car running and so far no leaks or anything untoward. I have not let it heat right up yet as i was going to ask if anything i have missed may cause the radiator fan to not work. Maybe it will be fine and i am worrying to much haha it is all wired up etc anyone know if it will be ok?. got a small vid of it running on my bebo www.bebo.com/mcatron21
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.