Skip navigation

kr 16valve conv mk1 fouling brake resivoir

Back to the top

kr 16valve conv mk1 fouling brake resivoir

not sure on that one

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
the vw cam uses female leads and a male connector on the cap, so when you look in the cap at the connectios there is a post in the middle that the lead grips over.

the pug / talbort cap uses a female cap and male lead connectors, so the cap when you look at it just has holes for the leads to plug in to… and the vw leads didnt fit when I tried it.

I went to GSF and got a ABF cap for ?10.88 inc vat, and then just used my leads I already had, and spent 10 mins cutting the locating tab off, then lined it up as per the pics and clipped it in place..

job done and I should have just done that in the first place tbh!

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
just followed this thread and been out an bought an ABF dizzy cap.

i've put it on so that the leads exit toward the rear (to the bulkhead). and didn't modify it at all. the locating pin fits straight into the KR dizzy location point.

is there anything wrong with having the leads exiting the rear?

i've used my old 1.8 8v carb king lead (it's a little too long but that doesn't bother me).

am i missing something?

Back to the top
No, nothing at all!  As long your leads aren't on anything hot it's all good.

Only reason for rotating is to keep the original HT lead routing.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
ah thank you very much., i'll cable tie them to something out of the way. i don't particularly like the look of ht leads anyway.. not something you really want to show off! lol

thanks guys.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.