Skip navigation

Instrument Cluster

Back to the top

Instrument Cluster

that'll be fuse #3 then :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Oooo great cheers John appreciate it mate!!!  :D

Back to the top
John mate i took out the 3rd fuse along and it wasnt exactly 30seconds but more like 10secs, but that did not do anything it was completeley blank still :? is there some sort of timer or something as you said 30 secs??

Thanks again.

Cheers mate

Back to the top
right ok, if you arnt getting anything at all then it sounds liek the plug isnt fully seated. pop it out and check the connector plug is in good nick, and make sure the circuit board on the clocks is properly seated in the connector housing. give it another go, since it did come on before it the power n earth should all be there! if the screen goes funny the next time you do it do the fuse pull trick, it should work if you do at least get something up on the mfa!

Back to the top
Thanks for the reply john, this morning as i was driving i noticed that there were some very faint things comming up on the screen the sec i pressed the button for adjusting time it went away :?  what could be the matter? Would you reccommend i do what u said in your last post? Cheers john!! appreciate it mate! :D

Back to the top
sopunds liek its just got poor contact to the plug, try it again! you should be able to get to the pluyg just by taking the dash under tray out :)

Back to the top
Ohh okay that sounds like a good idea rather than taking the whole dash apart as ive done like 4 times now….lol novice :lol: lolll, but so you reckon that its just a poor connection? and just take the plug out n put it back in? shud i push the plug in as hard as possible or how? whats the best way of getting a better connection?

Cheers John!!

Back to the top
as above check the plug pins look ok, not all bent or flat, then check the pcb on the clocks is fully seated into the plug housing, then give it a firm shove, making sure it all stays aligned properly. also check the contact pads on the pcb for damage

Back to the top
Hey John mate sorry havnt been on here since the other day, been really busy but i will definatley give that  a try and let you know how i get on :)  Finally Friday :D  Happy Friday as my work mate says LOL :D  8)

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Think MFAs coincided with the introduction of the 1.8 engine.

Don't think any 1.6s will be MFA as standard and all 1.8 injected engines in UK spec will have MFA. Cabrios may vary slightly but would think they'd be the same?

Imports and mucked about ones may be confusing matters

I recently got one of the last cabrios, a 1993 clipper with the 1.8 injection engine, but no MFA. Not had a look behind the clocks to see what wiring is there yet, but does anybody know if it will be an easy upgrade? I'm guessing I will still need to get the outside and oil temp sensors and run the wiring in for those. And will the vacuum pipe be there?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance!

Back to the top
need to add the vacuum pipe as well, and if its the typer with the mpg gauge on the top you need to have the right type of gearbox, add the vac switch and the control relay. plus run the wires from the stalk to the dash, find pins that fit the dash plugs etc. its a bit of a tricky job but relatively straight forward if you can get all the bits

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.