Skip navigation

Cabrio site

Back to the top

Cabrio site

now i wondering why the mk1oc didnt make a seperate cabby section could it be they missed a trick here along with the tech section

lets face it why would the cabby owners want to use this site if theres a dedicated one? perhaps the powers that be shold look at this perhaps

as this place is growing as far as pushing advertising membership ect go but no real gain on the website?

Back to the top

lennyhope said

I don't think it's a threat……It is also for Mk3/4 based Cabbys aswell, remember.  They may well do a cabby only show.  People from that site may come over to here…..Be open minded…..Everyone's aim is the same, I guess…Looking after their VW….. :wink:

You nailed it  :D there is no intention to try and edge members away, hell I'm  member here and I also participate with other clubs (Durham Dubs, Mini Club and also a couple bike clubs), why form a seperate club for the cabrio? because I feel they deserve one and hope others agree.

Many of us are not tied down to one forum and there is nothing wrong with that, the more info we can pass on about our cars the longer these older vehicles will exist.

We can chat as much as we want about our rag tops and dedicate an entire website/forum to showing them off, there are people who may not be interested in the tin top or simply prefer the cabrio (we do exist lol) that may find a cabrio owners club / forum right up their street.

This club caters for all mk1's and is a hive of information (hence why I joined) just search google and it speaks for itself, whereby the cabrio club/forum will cater for just that… the mk1 cabrio and it's younger sisters.

Anyways I do hope we can all enjoy our cars regardless if you have a horrible rusty tin top or a fantastic attention grabbing soft top  :mrgreen: and just get along as per normal :D

Kev.

<a href="http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk">New Golf Cabrio Forum NEEDS YOU</a>

<a href="url">http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk</a>

Back to the top
Your all traitors

I've joined  :D

Back to the top

bens_cab said

now i wondering why the mk1oc didnt make a seperate cabby section could it be they missed a trick here along with the tech section

lets face it why would the cabby owners want to use this site if theres a dedicated one? perhaps the powers that be shold look at this perhaps

as this place is growing as far as pushing advertising membership ect go but no real gain on the website?

i suppose there is no need to split the club into tintop and cabby members now that this site is here.

bens_cab said

lets face it why would the cabby owners want to use this site if theres a dedicated one?
looks like we'll be seeing less of you then!

Back to the top
guess so  :lol:

Back to the top

paul_c said

Great start you've made! I've joined too, though I'm a little bit too shy to post because I don't actually have a cabby…… One question though, which I'm sure others are wondering too, why set it up when this forum seems to be doing okay? Are your plans to offer more tech info, run an annual show, have a paid membership, discounts, etc? or just another forum?

Okay, what we are not trying to do is alienate either this site or tin top owners. I have owned several different versions of both cars and loved them equally. However as superb as this site is and will continue to be there is still no dedicated section to the Mk1 Cabby and certainly nothing for the MK3/4 Cabby. I'm gonna be brave now and say something controversial….. Sometimes I have got the feeling that there is a belief amongst SOME tin top owners that Cabby's are not 'real' MK1's  :banghead: and as a result perhaps don't get the exposure they deserve…. DISCUSS

Back to the top
hi atari, your site is great and we all know that this site serves a whole different "base" to your site. i wouldn't worry about the guys that think it may upset the balance.

there is also other sites out there that overlap with the mk1 golf oc that haven't affected the club at all.

in  fact yours seems to be doing far better than most. you seem to have a good following alreay.

keep up the good work mate. it's all a good help to keep these cars on the road.

Back to the top
p.s.

cabby's are as much a mk1 as any tintop mk1. i think that there is only the small minority that think they are not, and when you look around this site you see that probably 60% of all the mk1's here are cabby,s.

they are treated in the same way as all other mk1's on here (although there does seem to be the ongoing "hairdressers car" joke, but i think thats the same for any convertable of any make)

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

p.s.
(although there does seem to be the ongoing "hairdressers car" joke, but i think thats the same for any convertable of any make)

I'd like to extinguish that rumour … a hell of a lot of their owners are in there 30's and balding :oops:

Hairdressers actually hate the cabrio, the use of a hair net or cap does nothing for their style :wink:

<a href="http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk">New Golf Cabrio Forum NEEDS YOU</a>

<a href="url">http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk</a>

Back to the top

JettaGTI said

I'd like to extinguish that rumour … a hell of a lot of their owners are in there 30's and balding :oops:

you should see the hair dressers around here :lol:

btw, i just meant it's an ongoing joke, probably due to the hardtop owners being jealous :wink:

Back to the top

JettaGTI said

whatalotafun said

p.s.
(although there does seem to be the ongoing "hairdressers car" joke, but i think thats the same for any convertable of any make)

Yup, thats me……….

Back to the top

JettaGTI said

whatalotafun said

p.s.

Hairdressers actually hate the cabrio, the use of a hair net or cap does nothing for their style :wink:

Settle down Guy's,
I am a Hairdresser, with a full head of Hair, no it aint a wig either.
This site covers all sorts in reality, although Originally set up to track down the campain models to put on a register. little did then the originator know what the site would become. (by the way I am a cabby owner) but love the mk1's, any way. lots of things apply equaly to the tin top and Cabby alike. So yep I look at other sites, but I have learnt so much from the knowledgeable people on here, that what I learn helps others no matter where that knowledge comes from. I will put links to other sites if it is not covered here. Just to keep the spitit alive.
I will join the cabby forum too, at some point.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Oh I am older than 30's too..!  :lol:

Back to the top
Joined...!!!

Back to the top
i dont think there needs to be any worrying about site cross overs etc, everybodys just all helping each other in a common love for our dub's and keeping them on the road.

mk1 oc will always be special to me as you guys have helped me find my clipper, check it over, keep it on the road, and general sound advise, at the same time a cabrio specific bunch of people will be a novelty  :)

maybe if the new site grows quite big, there could be thoughts at shows etc of both clubs displaying together, regular meets together etc ?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

maybe if the new site grows quite big, there could be thoughts at shows etc of both clubs displaying together, regular meets together etc ?

Now that is a good idea, defo one for the future!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.