Skip navigation

GTI INTERS my pics

Back to the top

GTI INTERS my pics

went to gti inters today, heres the pics i took. black mk1 in the show and shine, big guy, nice car!!

IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2igfz9f.jpg

Back to the top
Did you get any pics of the club stand?

Back to the top
NOPE. was there one?????? i wondered round all day. there was definately no banner. wasnt that many mk1's to be honest. didnt see any more that 4 parked in a row. nothing that resembled a mk1 club. unless i was just being blind????????

Back to the top
Oh well, never mind huh.

Back to the top
Not neing funny or owt but i went to spring fest and was highly dissapointed.

These shows are so "scene" it makes me gag! No friendliness what so ever!

Seems these days you need spend 2 laarge on an arch job and your in with the sad boys!  :wink:

Back to the top
Yep, the very small line up next to the entrance was the club stand!!!! :oops:

Very poor turn out tut tut :P A good day out though! I didn't actualy take any pics of 'the stand' where's woza when you need him eh haha

Richair

83' GTI 16v roadsport
96' BMW 328i Touring
90' HF Integrale 16v B-road slag Sold!
98' Honda ITR #1775 Sold!
89' GTI 16v Sold!
91' CRX 16v trackslag RIP

Back to the top
i walked round looking for the club stand but couldnt see anything. Where was it situated.

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
put up as i was writing mine haha. Was it near the passats on the left then.

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
Shame its collapsed and its not really down to no events manager either. It doesn't take that much organising and in previous years, a volunteer simply came forwards to do the necessary.

Back to the top
Look carefully at the photo below and you'll notice I put the effort in and had all the gear put out on Saturday  :mrgreen: . Ironically the photo is of a Mk1 that isn't part of the club, just me inviting anyone who wanted to come fill the gaps, but you can see the rear quarter of mine behind it  :mrgreen:  but cant see Lhasadreams Mk1 or Lewycypher2's (spelling) mk1  :?
I couldn't take any  photos on Saturday, as the LCD display on the camera gave up, and a digital camera without a display is pretty defunct  :)

Back to the top
yes paul, it could be easy to organise a stand, but people arent volunteering for anything at the mo..

Also, there was lots of mk1's in show n shine - why - at ?17 to get into the show it was a lot of money, especially per person..

however, if you went in shown shine you got a free entry.. so no brainer really!

Gammy put on a display saturday and no one with any banners did on sunday - if i had a banner i would have sorted something but i dont so i didnt, plus I was on the passat owners club stand..

Yes we do need an events manager tho, Gammy always does a great job if he's there…

anyway…

Here's my pics

Cruised up with the Dub Club oxford, didnt take too many pics tho, as spent most of the show handing out flyers and promoting our gathering

Back to the top

Raul said

Not neing funny or owt but i went to spring fest and was highly dissapointed.

These shows are so "scene" it makes me gag! No friendliness what so ever!

Seems these days you need spend 2 laarge on an arch job and your in with the sad boys!  :wink:

Couldn't agree more mate. Come long to the Gathering mate it'll be chilled with no scene rubbish going on.

T

Back to the top
i went to this and was very disapointed

very expensive

and not that many trade stands

Banner

Back to the top
I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, but it seemed to have a positive reception on other forums. Can't find exact numbers on other clubs stands (number of cars) though. I guess this is bang in the middle of "scene", what with professional tuning (chipping, mostly) companies offering stuff for mainly Mk4 –> cars, if the Mk1 Golf OC feels it doesn't sit comfortably here then I guess that's an opinion but I always thought there was a wide variety of members so some were always happy enough. I went in 2006 and it was great, one of the best shows of the year. Then in 2007 - same. 2008 was a little quieter, a few less traders and not such a vibe (rained heavily on Saturday I think?) It seems 2009 was the same again, a few less, etc. But there was overnight camping and there's definitely signs of a good atmosphere there.

If the general perception is that the entry price was too high, then I'd have expected far more moaning on the other forums and also similar events with similar entry prices to suffer too.

Back to the top
Having been to various classic and owners club car shows over many years I did not know quite what to make of it yesterday, obvioulsy I didn't expect it to be jackets and ties, like the pit enclosure for a Goodwood revival either.

It takes all types of enthusiasts for a marque and the show n shine/concours Mk1's were worth seeing, although I must confess to ogling the Mk 2 G60 Ltd, a chance to see the 1/22 '78 lhd Gti was worth the trip and entry fee alone, I do hope the anti freeze on the floor was nothing more than over filling.

1983 Campaign, BRMotorsport152

Back to the top
Nice pics! I like the 1 of my Mrs hard at work cleaning my wheels hahaha :D

Dave....

Back to the top
Like the pics mate.. espeically the one with my Mrs(Ash) hard at work polishing my whels :mrgreen:

Dave....

Back to the top
we went and i saw the mk1 OC stand, took a couple of pics there but as for the rest of the show it was ok, nothing special to be honest and agree with most traders seeming to be supplying Mk4 bits

Back to the top
I went along to this found saturday to be very poor
but think sunday made up for it, i'll be back again next year

made my way to the club stand saturday and spoke to gabby, nice guy
went over sunday but yea all looked busy chating so i left you alone

Back to the top

Re: GTI INTERS my pics

cuthbert said

Good to see this one got fixed & looking good again  :y:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.