Skip navigation

Fuel lines for abf, and clocks.

Back to the top

Fuel lines for abf, and clocks.

given the choice I would use the abf managment, its much easier to setu p than kjet, i.e. there is no setup!  idle & co is taken care of by the ecu.  The main issue you have is you need a lambda sensor in your downpipe, so you need to get a lambda boss welded in.  

there are no issues with bonnet clearance, I've done an ABF swap into a Scirocco and a mate of mine has an ABF swap in his MK1 cab, no issues at all. What you might have trouble with is the exhaust, some MK1 conversion manifolds just dont fit that well!

The airbox wont fit on driver side chassis leg, so something liek a MK1 diesel or just a cone filter needs to be used, just make sure you find somewhere to put your inlet temp sensor thats as close to air coming into the filter as possible.

k-jet is a managment system rather than a fuel system, if you have a k-jet pump the only problem is you need fuel lines to link to it, you cant just push on a rubber hose to the outlet with a fuel line clip, as theres nothing to fit it on!  If you can get the right banjo fitting with a barbed end this sould be fine, as the abf management doent operate at antywhere near the pressure of the k-jet stuff.

Last of all theres the wiring, it'll take a bit of splicing to get it wired to your fusebox.

Last of all, you need to swap the housing off the bottom of the old gearstick to the new one, might need some tweaking if the car was a 4 speed though!

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Ah thats great mate thats cleared it up loads, i'll get out and
try to change that gear lever around today.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.