Skip navigation

Random quesiton i know........

Back to the top

Random quesiton i know........

Seperate, held by a piece of wire to the starter. It fits in the gearbox casing and holds the starter nosecone

Back to the top
I'll give them a ring tomorrow then
Thanks for that

Back to the top
Hi all. Just an update for you guys that helped me with my fault.

When i tested the run out on the flywheel the other week i took the starter motor out and stuck the DTI on the flywheel then turned it over with the crank pully and it seemed ok. I went and bought my own DTI gauge today and took the gearbox off to try it again as it was hard to get the DTI in place before. When i did this it showed the flywheel was all over the place!!! I took it off and replaced it with the old flywheel and the noise has gone and it spins over like lightning now :D:D:D:D

All though i'm glad the fault has been sorted i am stunned someone sold me a dodgy lightened flywheel which i paid ?180 for (i know it's a lot so don't comment ;) I can't get my money back for this as i got it from ebay a few months ago so paypal can't help me and the guy i got it from doesn't care that he ripped me off.

I have a feeling this could be because it doesn't look as though it's been balances. Do you think this could be part of the problem??? If so, does anyone know where i could send it to be fixed and balanced?

Thanks for all your help so far. :D

Back to the top
Who had the dodgy DTI Gauge?

Back to the top
It was my friends DTI but i'm not sure if it was the gauge or because it was hard to get it in place throught the stater motor hole.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.