Skip navigation

Petition for the mk1 to be tax exempt

Back to the top

Petition for the mk1 to be tax exempt

Can you really see the goverment letting us have FREE tax.

They do everything in there power to get more money out of us.

And remember they would have to do it for EVERY vehicle of that age reguardless of what make / model it is.

Not really going to happen when you think of that.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Can you really see the goverment letting us have FREE tax.

They did it once before and of course it would be for every car of 30yrs plus. The more classic car petitioners the better. Spread the word and let's see what happens. Don't be too keen to wave the white flag !

DubPartz

Back to the top
i'm all for it as there's nothing better than going into a busy post office and asking for free road tax (did it with my 1961 mini cooper) but it'll never work, the reason Gordon Brown stopped it in 1998 was because they realised there was more and more restored cars on the road, there's even more now and even if it was introduced they'd get the money from another source which we will ultimately end up paying

Back to the top
I agree with the attitude 'you have to be in it to win it'! But with this idea its pointless.

Back to the top
there are so many less old cars on the road now than in 1998 because of the scrapage scheme.

That 'how many left' website proves it.

My car deserves to be tax exempt i think. its previous owners and i have payed tax for it for over 30 years now.

worth a try eh? it is a free petition after all!

Back to the top
yep needs signing, i taxed 4 of our wagons at work and they were cheaper than my golf !!!

disgusting i think 12 tonne wagons doing 150k a year and i get it for £200 for 12 months :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.