Skip navigation

NW owners

Back to the top

NW owners

We haven't forgotten the North West Meets, it's just that Andy and I have been tied up with the AGM organisation and personal stuff.

Is there a burning desire for a meet pre Coombe Abbey?

Dan

Back to the top
would be very rude to say owt than not a problem. After all none of us have stepped in and suggested a time/date for a meet.

if there any buxton/other meets then I for one would try to get there.

thanks to both you guys for all you have done.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
How would an evening meet fit on 21st June 09?

Longest Day and all that, we could have a late evening trip out over the Trough Of Bowland?

Say meet at The Boatyard/ Knowles/ Dunkenhalgh Hotel and drive out from there?

Back to the top
i would be up for it if the numbers take off.

Any others?

we are a quiet bunch from the Nwest this year. Can also post no thanks as well, no one will mind.

Back to the top
I'm going to gatecrash 'AngelDubs' pub meet on Sunday, near Warrington….What about an informal meet like that one at Tatton Park…. :dontknow:

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
ah nuts keep forgetting about that.

evening meet is a maybe. the tatton meet for manchester went down well if people are up for it.

Back to the top
It's been hectic and not at all quiet for Andy and I !!!!

In January we had the Treasure Hunt, February, I think you went to Tatton, March- nothing, April- karting, May- Andy organised All Types and here we are in June already.

After local, regional and then AGM there's hardly enough time to do anything else than Mk1 club stuff.

Come on folks, if you want to meet each other before Coombe Abbey and camp together then this is the most likely time that it will happen.

Let's see some positives!!!! We could just as easily sit in the pub if you want and have a natter.

Back to the top
Should be able to make it. Sorry Dano, would've posted something up regards Guys but been a bit busy last few days with the newbie  :)

21st's also Fathers Day  8O  Is this a deliberate ploy as how can the other halfs object, it's Daddy's day  :D

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

21st's also Fathers Day  8O  Is this a deliberate ploy as how can the other halfs object, it's Daddy's day  :D

Busted again!!!  :lol:

Its in the evening so I was think all the day stuff should have been done, but there don't seem to be many takers up to now.  :cry:

Back to the top
Re T of B drive…

A 'maybe'.  Sounds good.

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
…… The longest day, sun setting (hopefully) and a drive over the Trough. Maybe a beer in The Inn At Whitewell even.

THAT would make an excellent backdrop for a photo.

Back to the top
I hate to chuck a spanner in the works here but I have already said i was going to this

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62004

Was going to have a B+B Scarborough way as it looks like a good do..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Fratanising with 'the enemy'  8O  8O  :lol:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I was just thinking about this Andy,

The reason why I suggested an evening trip was 'partly' because I'm at a mates wedding the night before!!!  :wink:

BUT….

I still can't go because it'll be a late finish and at LEAST a 5am rise to set off for 6am to be in scarborough for 9am. I can't do it, sorry.

Back to the top
EVERYONE else,

What would you like to do, Trough Of Bowland or just a simple pub meet.

A simple pub meet would be aqequate for me at the moment.  :dontknow:

Dan

Back to the top
ill join in either way, but from the lack of replies might be best to wait after the annual gathering.

Back to the top
i have found a gti now and i am in the process of getting it MOTd and roadworthy, so hopefully will see you soon.

wozza

p.s

anyone know a mobile welder, atherton area

Present cars

2010 Transporter Van White. Standard

2001 GT TDI PD Metallic Black. Standard

1971 Early Bay Pastel White. Standard

I Like Standard:-)

Back to the top
Nice one wozza, good to have another bod on our side!!!  :lol:

Are you coming to Coombe Abbey? It would be a good way of everybody meeting each other and coming up with some ideas for future drive outs/ events.

Andy and I are taking quite a bit of stuff with us to Coombe so we will pretty well equipped in the NW camp.

Dan

Back to the top
dano

im hoping to, the gti might not be done thou for then, we will see, the early bay camper is in bare metal and a thousand pieces so if im there i will probably be in the trusty tdi

Present cars

2010 Transporter Van White. Standard

2001 GT TDI PD Metallic Black. Standard

1971 Early Bay Pastel White. Standard

I Like Standard:-)

Back to the top
Hi All ive just joined the MK1 owners world

just bought a 1984 MK1 C 1.1

its a rolling shell without engine and box and i plan (hopefully) to get it a 1.820vt AGU engine fitted

im also a Seat Ibiza owner so im not new to the VAG world , also owend a MK2 Golf GTI 8v

is there any meetings coming up soon? i would like to meet some local MK1 owners

84\' Volkswagen Golf C - Planned either 1.8 20VT or 1.9 TDI PD130

58\' Seat Leon 2.0TDI 16V PD170 - 240BHP here i come
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.