Skip navigation

Questions

Back to the top

Questions

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have

a few i've had already!!

Q - Is the entrance price per car or person??
A - The entrance price is per car, so load up your mates and come along

Q - What time does the show start?
A - For weekend camping the fun start Friday night, but if yo want to come for the day, the gats will be open daily from 8.30 am

Q - I'm coming for the weekend, can I come Friday?
A - Yes, Friday night the gates open at 5pm, no entertainment is on on the friday tho.

Q - Will there be trade stalls?
A - Yes, I'll be notifying of trade stalls attending soon - but as this is a 1 make specific show, not a lot are willing or have confirmed

Q - Will there be an autojumble?
A - Yes - but we cant force peopel to bring their spare parts - all pitches are FREE just a standard entry ticket req'd - for mor einfo or to booka pitch, please pm me or send an email to booking vwgolfmk1 .org.uk

Q - Can I advertse my car for sale?
A - Yes, we will be having a specific area for cars for sale, no extra charges, just pay the entrance and park up.

Q - Is there a Show and Shine?
a - Yes, the main aim attraction of the show on the Sunday will be the show and shine, several categories to enter - More details will be up soon

Q- I've heard there's a raffle, any good prizes?
A - Yes, you've heard right, there is a raffle, yes there is many a good prize, please see the seperate thread for more details

Q - How do i book my ticket?
A - Log onto www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/show and follow the links - MEMBERS get a 20% discount on all ticket prices, check out the thread in Club business for you voucher code

Q - as its price per car, what if I'm bringing 2 cars?
A - Please book in advance, and when you receive your ticket reference send an email to bookings vwgolfmk1 .org.uk for more detaisl on second car prices

Dont be shy to ask any questions

Back to the top
my brother wants to bring his mk1 lotus cortina along with me in my mk1 of course……

would this be ok or is it a golf's only??????

Back to the top

spenny said

my brother wants to bring his mk1 lotus cortina along with me in my mk1 of course……

would this be ok or is it a golf's only??????

oh yes

that would definitly be ok…  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

he will definitly get a lot of attention thats for sure and it would be cool to have it there

the main show is about the mk1 golf and all awards for the show n shine are mk1 golf related so as long as he's happy having it there then thats brilliant

All makes and models are welcome - it doesnt matter if yoe have a mk1 golf or not, just a love for them  :dance:  :dance:

Back to the top
better get 2 tickets then

thanks

Back to the top

spenny said

better get 2 tickets then

thanks

no worries

advance order is all set up and waiting to go, let meknow or drop an email if yo any issues

I'm on Bookings vwgolfmk1 .org.uk for all ticket related enquiries..

Back to the top
hi have paid to come for the weekend cant wait but my bird would like to know if its a proper camp site with toilets and showers i dont know but have told her that there is stuff like that so she comes along am i going to get greif all weekend for telling her there is toilets etc and there is none   :banghead: or am i safe  :lol:

mk1 gti 1.6,mk4 1.8t ,caddy 1.9sdi

Back to the top
lol mine to m8 i my self dont realy mind put think shes expecting a 4* canvas holtel lol

Would be good to know though what facilitys are avalible

thanks
karl :)

Back to the top
is there a beer tent? :roll: or bring your own....?

Banner

Back to the top

bigstu said

hi have paid to come for the weekend cant wait but my bird would like to know if its a proper camp site with toilets and showers i dont know but have told her that there is stuff like that so she comes along am i going to get greif all weekend for telling her there is toilets etc and there is none   :banghead: or am i safe  :lol:

Hi, its not a proper campsite..

Its an events field

We cant afford great luxorious posh toilets, showers etc

But what we will have is 8 portaloos of which

4 - in the camping area, 3 will be unisex and 1 strictly ladies only

Same in the main show area, 4 portaloos, 3 unisex and 1 woman and disabled only..

then there will bein the main camping area - 2 portable shower units - these have a small water tank facility so we will be politley asking people to think of others and take short showers..

there is also a cafe on site with proper toilet facicilities

Back to the top

daz1971 said

is there a beer tent? :roll: or bring your own….?

There wont be any beer tents selling alcohol daz as this requires a much more expensive license, so it is defo a bring your own beer

Also, BBQ's are allowed, but must be on a stand - nothing must rest on the floor

No open fires allowed

Back to the top

Lawsy said

daz1971 said

is there a beer tent? :roll: or bring your own….?

There wont be any beer tents selling alcohol daz as this requires a much more expensive license, so it is defo a bring your own beer

Also, BBQ's are allowed, but must be on a stand - nothing must rest on the floor

No open fires allowed

Nice one,best stock up on beer..again!
Will be bringing my chiminera for the camp fire ;0)

Banner

Back to the top
question

what sort of factillities will be there

shower???

porta loos???

been to festivals before V fest and Reading so used to slummin it but need the get Mrs Jellybelly one board so i can come

thanks

Banner

Back to the top
Jelly have a look on page one of this thread, Lawsy's post should answer it all.

Banner

Back to the top
nice one

should have read it all before posting  :roll:

all i have to do now is get her to agree  :banghead:

Banner

Back to the top
Is the field lit up, or do we need torches come 10pm  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
all sounds good and should be a top weekend :)

Just 1 silly question realy, Do we park our cars in the camping area (next to tents) or is this not allowed?

thanks

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Is the field lit up, or do we need torches come 10pm  :mrgreen:

Its not lit. I'd bring a torch or start eating more carrots!!!!

MARSHY81 said

all sounds good and should be a top weekend :)

Just 1 silly question realy, Do we park our cars in the camping area (next to tents) or is this not allowed?

thanks

You can park your car next to your tent but on the Sunday we want ALL Mk1's out of the camping area and lined up in the relevant areas, ie Show n Shine or hard top or cabriolet.

Back to the top
You can park your car next to your tent but on the Sunday we want ALL Mk1's out of the camping area and lined up in the relevant areas, ie Show n Shine or hard top or cabriolet.
Even the half finished ones? :oops:  :mrgreen:

'81 1.8T
BMW R1200GSA
Caddy 2k 1.8T

Back to the top
not worried about beer tents or traiders but i am worried about my love of the bacon rolls and the good old cuppa or shall it b a little chef on route

Back to the top

mrpurple said

Even the half finished ones? :oops:  :mrgreen:

the more mk1's parked on the main field regardless of finished or not, the better it iwll all look and be…

bigdub said

not worried about beer tents or traiders but i am worried about my love of the bacon rolls and the good old cuppa or shall it b a little chef on route

We've organised a catering van to be on site serving Bacon rolls plus much more - also there is a proper cafe just outside our events field that does a full english for about a ?5 - butcould be busy….
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.