Skip navigation

average age of a mk1 owner

Back to the top

average age of a mk1 owner

im 34 the golf is 26 and the citi is 15  8O
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I'm same age as my car, same year and same month. I'm 2 weeks younger though  :wink:

Back to the top
i was born in 83,
mk1 was born in 83

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hehe you're all tiddlers.I'm 59 this year,cars only 24,younger than both my kids!I'm a great grandad.I have another oldie but its not a Golf, they didnt make them in 1947(Riley RM).
Mick

Back to the top

tysonn said

Hehe you're all tiddlers.I'm 59 this year,cars only 24,younger than both my kids!I'm a great grandad.I have another oldie but its not a Golf, they didnt make them in 1947(Riley RM).
Mick

We'll done for keeping the love mate …. you're kids into the VW/mk1?

Back to the top
Well my daughters' lad loves it but he's only 20 and the insurance is too high at the moment,no doubt his son will love it but he's only 4 months old!I'm a great grandad!Wondered if this qualifies me for free membership ;-).
Mick

Back to the top
i think all grandads should get at least a free news letter have they not heared of grandfathers rights 25 years of service  :D and i got 2 grand kids . we must have at least half centuary of retro vehicle management between us wat ya say tysonn you agree  :D tysonn can i borrow ya specks i can hardley see this print  :D

Back to the top
I'm 42 and dad was 73 before we replaced his mk1 with a mk2gti [better brakes and main factor power steering] :D

Back to the top
he must have armes like popeye  :lol:  did ukeep the mk1

Back to the top
My Golf is 5 Years younger to me.
Its a 83 :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
No had to sell her,I think it is still around but in abit of a sorry state now though :(

Back to the top
Well i was born in 83, the year of the mk 1 i believe

and my cars a 92, 17 years old

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I was born in 1985, car was built in 1981, so me 23, and car 28 :D
Its the oldest mk1 i've owned so far, 1st being an '83 C and 2nd being a late '83 GX.  :D
Planning to go earlier next time!

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
im 34 and my cabrio is 19, my car was new and rolled off the forecourt to its 1st owner as i was leaving school into the big wide world… its a shame me and my car never met back then where's she been all my life lol :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
I'll be 60 next week and the car's 25 - disgusting - it won't last you know

Back to the top
David I'm gutted!You're older than me!

Back to the top
david are ya having big party  :D  if so where ya live :lol:

Back to the top

bigdub said

david are ya having big party  :D  if so where ya live :lol:

Just going out for dinner in Manchester then off to Le Mans on Thursday - funny because the surprise present was a trip to the Monaco GP last week but while it was being planned in secret I decided I'd like to go to Le Mans so it's got to be both

Back to the top

tysonn said

David I'm gutted!You're older than me!

There's only a year in it - nowt these days!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.