Skip navigation

My New Rivage - Might be going... For how much?

Back to the top

My New Rivage - Might be going... For how much?

Yours is looking good mate!

I need to run it in the winter as I can't afford, and don't have space for a second car unfortunately so I need to make it as practical as possible all year round…

I must admit it is a shame to see the miles going up and up, and those bloody speed humps around London don't do it any good at all, but until I can find another option it'll have to be that way! :(

Hopefully with the standard suspension back on it'll be a bit more comfortable and put a bit less strain on things in general. Fingers crossed!

Back to the top
I run my Rivage on a daily basis, 50 mile round trip to work! The mileage is nearly 150,000 miles but the way I look at it is when the engine gets a bit tired just whack a new one in! Then sort problems out as they arrise. I've also got my coilovers pretty low, I absolutly love the car and couldn't have it sat in the garage waiting for the nice weather.

The Recaros have now gone, and i've got a cream leather interior waiting to go in. I bought some buscuit carpet from Newtown Commercial, it's slightly darker than the original cream rivage carpet

Back to the top
^ love to see some pics of that rug fitted Bouchay, be nice to see the new seats in too. Steve

Rylo - your car is sweet - very envious of the interior…

Back to the top
Nice ride dude. Never seen the rear headrests in a rivage before!

Back to the top
Cheers bouchay, nice to know others are still using their cabby's as daily drivers. Makes me feel less guilty! Actually seen a couple in the last few days days - one bloke came and had a little chat with me when he saw me getting out of my car which was cool… Yours looks lovely by the way!

stix123, thanks, I'm very pleased with it so far. Might spend half a day next week giving it a really good clean inside and it'll almost be as good as new!

Rivage1991, thanks for the comment on the headrests. It was already done when I bought it but that was something that stood out when I went to view it! I'm going to try and get the back of the seat off and have a look at how it was done at some point, so I'll takes some pictures if it clearly shows how to install them.

Back to the top
Any ideas what mine is worth?

I've updated it with the following:

Full Service
New Exhaust Gasket
New Exhaust Hangers
New Suspension (standard)
New Front Tyres
New Anti-Roll Bar Bushes
New Wishbones
New Carpet in Black
New Caliper Slider Kit
New Foam Roof Seal Gaskets
New Seat Sliders (no wobbly seats here!)
New Engine Mounts
New Discs
New Pads
New Drums
New Rear Bearings

And probably a few other bits…!

It's an all standard 1992 Rivage, has 97K on the clock, FSH, Tax & MOT until May 2010, working MFA, LOADS of bills (around ?1500 has been spent in the 4 months I've had it!), 4 previous owners, NO rust (although the paintwork obviously isn't perfect), rear headrests, leather seats, the roof was replaced 18 months ago (bill to prove), all old MOT's and tax discs… Not sure what else to say - it's lovely!

Have a look at my pictures on page 2 and let me know what you reckon as I really don't know since doing this work.

Thanks guys/girls,

Rylo :D

Back to the top
Hey car looks good!!!!!  :D
just out of intrerest what did you do with the old carpet? lol Its pretty rare and i need one lol

Back to the top
Hey mate. I threw it away as there were loads of rips in it from where a previous owner had taken it up to fit amps under the rear footwells. Sorry, hope you find one! If not just get in touch with Newtons - they do carpets for around ?110?

Rylo  :D

Back to the top
Interesting topic at the moment - the value of our cars. Aside from the media commentary, i've noticed this week alone, a Bug on VZi that is being sold on 6 months after it's last owner let it go - substantially hiked in price. Over on Restowagen there's a '54 Bug cabriolet that was bought for around 11k 10 months ago (it's a project, not a finished car) - now for sale for 30k. I also notice on E-Bay that there's a 91 Rivage non-leather, done 197k and has a rotten drivers door - reserve 3600 !!!!

Interesting times indeed.

Back to the top
Those prices are just silly! I'm a bit more realistic than that…

I'm just interested as I'm thinking of getting a second car and keeping the Rivage in storage. I currently do around 300 miles per week and it's breaking my heart to see the mileage going up at such a rate!  :(

It's just a case of affordability. If it works out too expensive, I seriously need to consider whether or not it's right to use the Rivage daily, but to sell I'd need to get a decent amount for my next car.

I'm really not sure what to do?   :dontknow:

Back to the top

interior

looks like a brandnew car inside

Back to the top
Thanks! :)

It's not perfect but definitely better than 99% of the standard mk1 interiors I've seen. Improvements can always be made though - never ends!

Back to the top
Thinking of letting the Rivage go soon but wanted to know (again!) how much I should put it up for?

Would ?3,000 be to much to ask? :dontknow:
I've updated it with the following:

Full Service
New Exhaust Gasket
New Exhaust Hangers
New Suspension (standard)
New Front Tyres
New Anti-Roll Bar Bushes
New Wishbones
New Carpet in Black
New Caliper Slider Kit
New Foam Roof Seal Gaskets
New Seat Sliders (no wobbly seats here!)
New Engine Mounts
New Discs
New Pads
New Drums
New Rear Bearings

It's an all standard 1992 Rivage, has 97K on the clock, FSH, Tax & MOT until May 2010, working MFA, LOADS of bills (around ?2000 has been spent in the 4 months I've had it!), 4 previous owners, NO rust (although the paintwork obviously isn't perfect), rear headrests, leather seats, the roof was replaced 18 months ago (bill to prove), all old MOT's and tax discs…

Back to the top
its hard to say really, its not a standard interior or wheels, im a stndard man and those things not bieng standard would be hard to replece back to original so that would reflect on the buying price if i was buying but then everyones different :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
Yeah true…

The wheels are standard, but the finish isn't (like that when bought), and the carpet can be changed for a biscuit one but I got the black one to stop it getting too dirty (daily driver). If those two things were done it would be completely standard so hopefully it'd appeal to those people?

Got a new battery today, another nice little extra that won't need doing for a while!  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.