Skip navigation

My New Rivage - Might be going... For how much?

Back to the top

My New Rivage - Might be going... For how much?

Hey,

Been on here almost a couple of weeks and FINALLY had the time to get some photo's up! Hope you like it so far - got lots to do though…

Back to the top
that interior is the mutts nuts!!!

rest of the car looks ok too!

Back to the top
Cheers! Want to get it re-sprayed, change the finish on the wheels, get coilovers, replace the carpet, fit clear indicators in the bumper, put a standard steering wheel back on it, give the underside a good bit of protection and I SHOULD be there! But we all know it never ends once we get started...!

Back to the top
be nice when done tho!

Back to the top
Yeah hope so! I'll update the pics as I go…

Back to the top
:D Hey there fella,

car looks lovely, specialy the interior with the addition of the rear headrests. looks like a nice little find.

will be keeping an eye out on this little thread  :wink:

Bry

Back to the top
Cheers dude, glad you like it…

Ordered the new carpet and sound deadening for underneath. Just need to get various new seals, stop the squeaky exhaust, give it a full service, new tyre, fit the original steering wheel, get the rear brakes sorted… The list goes on and on! But it WILL be done! Oh yeah, also want to replace the suspension - know a decent, reasonably priced kit? It's a daily driver so needs to be practical too.

Hopefully see you soon!

Back to the top
What carpet did you go with? I have a Rivage too and its getting cream leather soon to replace the blue cloth, but I looked at Newton Commercial and they only do the biscuit colour carpet. I was wondering how dark the biscuit colour actually is?

Back to the top
I know, it's a tricky one. Almost went for the biscuit one myself but decided on black in the end. Because the current cream one looks tired, and it's a daily driver for me, I didn't want to go down the same route and have to replace it again further down the line. Hope it looks alright! Should be fine as the dash and the rest of the plastic trim is in black anyway…

Won't be ready for a few weeks but I'll post pics once it's in.

Back to the top
Tell me about it, the list of work on these cars is never ending. everyday i find little things wrong with mine.

just means i will keep busy over the winter  :lol:

im also on the hunt for a decent set of coilies and and some speakers for my drivers door.  :oops:

Back to the top
Right. Just a few pics of some work I carried out a few weeks back… LOADS of old s**t wiring for speakers, neons, you name it! Reckon it goes a bit quicker now - bonus!  :wink:

Back to the top
And after I fitted a new (old) steering wheel and black carpet…

Back to the top
Very nice Rivage there mate, very nice.

T

Back to the top
Thanks very much mate. It's getting there, but I want it better!

New front and rear brakes, suspension, full service and cam-belt being done this/next week. It's a new exhaust next month after I get paid… Then who knows?!  

:D

Back to the top
it had neons on it lol

are they for sale??

cheers

pm if setails if they are lol

Back to the top

golfc said

it had neons on it lol

are they for sale??

cheers

NNNNNNNNNNNnnooooo!

don't do it!!!

Back to the top

golfc said

it had neons on it lol

are they for sale??

cheers

Ha ha afraid not mate - they went straight in the bin! :D

Back to the top
8O  Never thought black carpet would suit a rivage, but looks suprisingly nice. good job!

Whats happening with the hole left on the dash by that random stalk that was removed?

:lol:  haha…..neons!

Back to the top
Cheers mate, yeah I wasn't sure but with a girlfriend like mine, who sometimes isn't the most considerate when getting into the car with dirty footwear, it just had to be the black carpet!

As for the horrible hole… Not sure, trying to find a blanking plate for it at the moment so if you know of anywhere? Tried halfords already but we'll see.:dontknow:

Had the new front and rear brakes done and carried out a full service with cambelt change this week. Ordered a brand new suspension kit (standard) so that'll be on soon… Then need to stop the annoying exhaust sqeak/rattle, make sure the roof is 100% for the winter, two new tyres, some steel winter wheels and it's ALMOST there!

How's yours going anyway? Good I hope?

:D

Back to the top
8O  your going to run yours in the winter? brave man.

well, sounds like you are well on your way with the car, its nice to see  :D

as for mine, havnt really had much time to spend on her, i had to take a day off work to do some work on the car, im just testing for the meantime really, this is what she looks like at the moment.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.