Skip navigation

Waving

Back to the top

Waving

whatalotafun said

Lawsy said

the old no worries wave…

explain this
if you google it there's some 'interesting' images to say the least.

Assuming Lawsy isn't on bustyteenblogs.com then he means this:

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top
so it's a bit like the "call me" wave. no  wonder lawsy gets nods back, they're probably thinking "yeah right"!

Back to the top
I thought someone was being rude to me when i was washing the car & someone came past & did the sign to me  :oops:

Back to the top
I used to flash a lot, then i got fined for indecent exposure so i have to wave now. :lol:

Watalotafun i know what you mean about being in the corsa cos i feel like a right plonker waving and then realising im not in the golf then i start to mime dusting the dash just so i dont look a prat :oops: .

Back to the top
My runabout is an old 2litre Mondeo and when im in that ill always flash and wave at other mondeos,has the g/f blushing no end :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

when we`re in the camper we get plenty roaring past us on the motorway rubbernecking and smiling/laughing at us :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Most folks i have seen wave, mk1's and aircooled although the bus boys and girls dont always wave first. Even get the local MK2 cruzers waving. However the miserable git in the tidy black cabrio in kings lynn does not wave. Twice i have flashed and waved and nowt. Guess he's to worried about his nice and shiny car to wave at me in my rat mobile ;) Anyway i think we should definitely get behind a no worries wave revival. Years ago when my bus was on the road every vdubber was at it. Come on people next time you wave make it a no worries wave  :D

Back to the top
Still do it now to all vdubs, but only if i'm in the cabby. When we had the splitty everybody would wave, 1's, 2's, sometimes 3's, it all depends if the person driving is into the scene or not, there are millions of dubs on the roads but not millions of dub drivers into the scene. :)

Back to the top
I get loads of waves, more in the mk1 than the mk2! Beetles, golfs people walking, sometimes other makes of cars too!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Had a wave today from another whit cabby and got one from a guy in a mk3 the other day.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Think the aircooled's are just jealous that we can cool our cars while we're stationary!!  :mrgreen: There does seem a bit of snobbery with them lot though.. Did get a few waves in the golf but get no love in the polo…

Back to the top

frenchcabby said

there are millions of dubs on the roads but not millions of dub drivers into the scene. :)
c'est vrai, but when you get to the point where these cars are old enough to be nearly classics, the majority of people driving them are driving through love, and must be in the scene.  I think.

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top
BigandDaft, might have been me last night in the other white Cabrio, thru Penistone going up towards Woodhead?

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

BigandDaft, might have been me last night in the other white Cabrio, thru Penistone going up towards Woodhead?

Ha ha it was me  :mrgreen:

See we waved come on peps lets get it going more

It dunt fit

Back to the top
c'est vrai, but when you get to the point where these cars are old enough to be nearly classics, the majority of people driving them are driving through love, and must be in the scene. I think.

Fair point me thinks. :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.