Skip navigation

GTI INTERNATIONAL 2009 27-28th June Bruntingthorpe

Back to the top

GTI INTERNATIONAL 2009 27-28th June Bruntingthorpe

Very good show!! sunburnt to hell now, can't even move my neck coz it creases the skin and hurts lol. expected more mk1s on the stand, slightly dissapointed but was good because our 4 that were there were white so looked kinda cool from afar in the show lol.
Too many different cars have 20v turbos, mmmmm what can i replace my pants auto with?!?

Back to the top
5 cars on the stand on Sunday thanks to

Nigel  Chudley     
Lee    O'Toole    
Chris White    
Malcolm Creaser
D Allen

Its changed since my first Gti International , so have the numbers that attend [not just from here] and this can only be due to the number of different events we can all attend up and down the country now . Traders pay a huge amount to stand and sadly this means no GPC , CAR etc etc . Entrance fee was frozen this year ! Sadly a bacon butty wasn't at ?3.50 .

:D See you all next year then  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Defo see you next year, lol at the prices, ?2 for a bottle of water!?!?  8O  good job i brought a picnic  :lol:
 All in all a good day, makes me ashamed of my engine with the others there though. never mind. thanks guys

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Went today, took the gazebo and all the usual facilities etc……….we had 3 mk1's on the stand, also had DaveM, Dubboy and Retrocal in the show and shine, dont know the results, was packing the stand away at the time of them announcing.

Those on the stand were…..

LhasaDreams and his good wife
Lewycyber2…..sorry cant recall your full username close enough ! :lol:
 :mrgreen:
Gammygolf

Thanks for the warm Welcome! enjoyed the chat I'll tyr and  get along to some meets,really enjoyed the trip over inthe mk1 must use it more. Sounds like Sunday was the better day to go, Sat was pretty quiet. Tried to look up GPCs website but no joy have they  gone bump?

Cheers
lewis

Back to the top

Back to the top
We were there but were so busy we couldnt make it over to the stand for a chinwag sorry guys.

Did any of you entree' our stand??

Scott, Volksdepot

Back to the top

Bugger

DAG4R said

Looks like I'll be the only one there in SATurday. See you there in the White Citi Golf, if it doesn't conk out on me…

Famous last words, Junc 8 on M1…..

Timing belt must have sliped and lost cylinder 2~ zero compression  :cry:

Lucky I had the girlfriend with me as she has RAC cover. Towed to Slough and nicked my brothers Corrado Storm to make up for lost time in getting up to Inters. Still arrived at 3pm though :S :roll:

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.