Skip navigation

project shrek

Back to the top

project shrek

DRGonzo said

i think so mate but not a 100% on that.
it was named project shrek because when i first got her she was a we bit ugly. :D

i'l get some one to look for me and i'l get back to you about asap if thats ok, my cars gunna have the rocker cover changed in the nxt couple of wks and my rocker covers in a right rusty state it really lets the engine bay down so i'l find out ok

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
could you let me now your engine size and details obviously not your engine number or any serial numbers just so i can check that it would fit and how much you want for it, many thanks zambeaky :)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
it was a 1980 1.6 gti but was changed to a carb at some point still a 1.6 tho dose that help as thats all i know. iwas told by someone that the rocker covers are also used some of the mk2s

Back to the top
Rocker cover should be straight swap for all but gti golfs!

Hth

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
thanks for that chap handy to know :D

Back to the top

zambeaky

nice to meet u today m8 you gotta come to the mk meet nxt month ok :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
will try mate depends on what shift i am on but will see if can change my shift if needs be

Back to the top
I think I put a calling card on this car in Halfords car park in Banbury back in early spring? :dontknow:

Back to the top
if you did mate i did not get it  :dontknow:

Back to the top
A few more parts came this week so been putting them in.

Just have to do a bit of fiberglassing now behind the air filter and paint it up. Its hard work trying to fix the things that the muppet befor me did. :banghead:

Back to the top
A little bit more done last week got the bit of body work fiberglassed and filled just have to finish sanding.

Also did a bit of cleaning up like re rapping some of the cables.in nice green.
Plus got a set of vdo dials from a work mate.

They are not riged up yet as i had to make new looms for them as a mouse had eaten the old ones.

And a new cap in.

Back to the top
can any one help me with how to get my oil dials working and where i need to run the wires and any photos you may have thanks for any help as i a stuck :banghead:

Back to the top
After many weeks of problems like missfireing and loss of all power shrek is now back on the road. :lol: All the problem was was a small bit of rust stuck in the fuel line.
The first day of getting the car back on the road some little s##t stole my side trims chrome and valve caps :evil: As you can imagen i am not a happy bunny.
So now i have to go get all the trims again more bloody money…

Back to the top

DRGonzo said

After many weeks of problems like missfireing and loss of all power shrek is now back on the road. :lol: All the problem was was a small bit of rust stuck in the fuel line.
The first day of getting the car back on the road some little s##t stole my side trims chrome and valve caps :evil: As you can imagen i am not a happy bunny.
So now i have to go get all the trims again more bloody money…

got her sortednow then fella, bummer bout the trim…. thievin little so & so's, if its the  thin strips  that run down the side of the car the pieces on the wings doors and rear  quarters then speak to FUNK-STAR fella, his just sorted one out for mine as i needed to change one of them and i think he may have a set or two if not a few different styles of sets be worth getting in touch with him he's a sound bloke and very very fair on prices :wink:

you comin to mk meet on the 4th? :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top

zambeaky said

you comin to mk meet on the 4th? :D

Yeah come along Adam - Funk-Star (Mark) will be there no doubt as he's a regular like me and Ian… he'll sort you out I'm sure  :wink:

Back to the top
Thanks chaps will try this month it just depends on what shift i am on. What week is it this month?

Back to the top

DRGonzo said

Thanks chaps will try this month it just depends on what shift i am on. What week is it this month?

its tues 4th aug fella

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Hmmmmm where has your vin no gone?

Oh and replied to your pm!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Ooooh err ? Where has it gone never noticed that…..

Thats a nasty habbit you got there funk star,

dont worry GONZO, funk-stars got a knack for spotting things outta place…… HAVENT YOU FUNK-STAR!!!! :lol:  :lol:

not a bad thing its a result of being a very knowledgable man and one always handy to know! :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
I had not seen that but it is inprinted on the block but it is very faint i think that someone has swoped the engine at some point as the log book says gti and its a carb and the engine code starts with ew :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.