Skip navigation

stereo systems - your views!

Back to the top

stereo systems - your views!

Hi everybody, in the next week or so, my much awaited mk1 drop top shall be fully restored and fully ready for the road, complete with a brand new engine, not 1 part of it which has even covered 1 mile!!!

now you see i am a bit of a music freak, i love music and love a good quality sound system, i just wondered what your lots views are on these? im not talking stupid like, seats out and 10 subs etc, or just a box chucked in the boot, im talking nicely built in to the boot, and something like 6x9's in the doors etc.

discuss lol

Back to the top
I just got a 10inch sub 1000w amp and a 6inch sony in the doors! 45 watt mp3/cd Under ?200 quid for the lot and it rattles the car!!

It all depends on what you spend! The more money the better the quality and bass as they say! :wink:

Back to the top
oh sorry, might not have been clear, i wasnt asking for advise, iv already finished my system, kicker comp 15" sub with kicker comp 1000w amp, with 6x9's in the front door and some 3x6's in the rears, amped to a digital alpine, run off the latest pioneer stereo.

i just simply wondered if people liked these cars with systems in etc, or weather or not they thought it was too "boy racer-ish"??

Back to the top
ive got all that in mine, does it make me a Girl racer :D

Back to the top
8inch sub in a custom enclosure, upgraded fronts and rears, removed the useless tweeters, amp in boot and 4x45w head.

I say it's your car so do whatever you ruddy want and so the rest.

T

Back to the top
Just changed the standard vw speakers for same size pioneer stuff, couldn't bring myself to cut the door cards and parcel shelf, although i'd love to beef up the sound  :banghead:

Back to the top
I dont even have a sterio in my tintop, just the sound of the exhaust hitting the floor pan!!! :lol:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
well' i when i went on the recent wales meet, there was a good few cabbies there and i don't think many of them didn't have a sub n the boot, so i should imagine you've just done what all but the hard core purists would have done! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Won't have room in my cabby's boot for a base boxe, got to fit mine and the three girls in my life's bags in for our week in Newquay this summer  :scratch:

Back to the top

flog said

Won't have room in my cabby's boot for a base boxe, got to fit mine and the three girls in my life's bags in for our week in Newquay this summer  :scratch:

a roof rack for you then

Back to the top
No hair dryers  :lol:

Back to the top
oh right, thats cool to know, as i stated i have kitted mine out quite alot, and it is very loud, i have allways had a good sound system in all my cars. i just didnt know if enthusiasts like youselves kind of looked down on it thinking, "oh nice car but shame that hes wrecked it with all that stuff" i suppose the main reason i am asking is if incase i come to sell her, weather or not to take it out before its advertised. i didnt want people getting the wrong impression that i was a thrash-matic. because lets be right if you have any other modded car, that is what people generally think, i know, i have spent thousands on cars in the past (in my max power days) hahaha

Back to the top
did you make new door cards and parcel shelf?  :pray:
thats about the only thing that bugs me is using original panelling for it. (mainly because it isn't strong enough to take the speaker movement but also because they are getting rare apparantly)

Back to the top
ive got a amp & sub in my boot, sounds amazing when roofs up, but when its down sounds poo,

can you get a roof rack for a cabby?

Back to the top
i havnt used the original parcel shelf, i made my own, but still havnt put any speakers in it, i just have them in my doors and rear sides. still sounds very good,

Back to the top

loubylou71 said

ive got a amp & sub in my boot, sounds amazing when roofs up, but when its down sounds poo,

can you get a roof rack for a cabby?
Yes you can get roof racks for cabbys but I think there as rare as rocking horse poo. they are hinged at the front I believe, so you can open and close the hood without having to remove it.

Back to the top
Apparently there is a rack for a spare wheel that clips onto the boot, it's nigh imposible to get hold of now.

Back to the top

flog said

Apparently there is a rack for a spare wheel that clips onto the boot, it's nigh imposible to get hold of now.

That sounds so cool, I'd imagine it's a bit dodgy opening the boot though.

T

Back to the top
ive been searching flebay for em but no joy :(

Back to the top

a roofs rack for a cabbsy

rare as rocking horse poop though.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.