Skip navigation

MK1 GL Cabriolet. CRASHED!

Back to the top

MK1 GL Cabriolet. CRASHED!

i like the bumperless look

Back to the top

JoeB said

But what if you have another similar accident? chances are you wont be able to fix it again… Even a slight knock in a car park and you'll be looking at panel repairs, rather than just replacing a bumper.

ive gotta change the panels anyway mate, im just gunna go without the bumper for a month or two until i raise the money to get new panels and a bumper. im not a stupid boy racer or anything so hopefully i wont crash into a complete idiot on the road again

Back to the top

ollie_t said

ive gotta change the panels anyway mate, im just gunna go without the bumper for a month or two until i raise the money to get new panels and a bumper. im not a stupid boy racer or anything so hopefully i wont crash into a complete idiot on the road again

Ah, I see, running bumperless permanently would be a bit of a risk I think.

Back to the top

got the TEMPORARY front finished, and sprayed in primer. at least i can drive in the nice weather now!

Back to the top
Well done  8) Impressive for a temporary fix!
Nice to see it back in shape again.

Back to the top
does look a bit impressive. good job mate

Back to the top
i wouldnt run in the wet in primer as its pourus to help hold the paint on.  even if you just laquar to seal but get something on it.  

but good to see you got it reapaired

hello!

Back to the top
good job looks good :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
thanks for the feedback.
sometimes i look at it and think it looks good, others times i dont, ahh well, wont be for long :)

Back to the top
havent been on it a while, ive got the money and panels i need to get the golf sorted, all i need to do know is book it into the garage :)

heres the last picture you will see of the car in its bumperless state..

ive also got some 6.5x13 bbs ra wheels.

they have been refurbished and sprayed in a high gloss black. i couldnt resist buying them though! i dont know what tyres to get for them. if i was to get stretched what would i need? or if i was to go for standard tyres what would be a nice fit?

Back to the top
Take a look around www.tyrestretch.com

I would say something like 155-40 13 if it needs to be stretched and slammed. But i am not really sure that size is available  :lol:

Some Bug guys put the tires from a Smart car on to get the proper clearance. I think they are 135 or 145 but i cant remember how big.

Back to the top
Sorry to hear about your acciden, I feel your pain, I have a very similar car. Where did you get the lovely seats, part leather, very nice.

Back to the top
Sorry to hear about your acciden, I feel your pain, I have a very similar car. Where did you get the lovely seats, part leather, very nice.

Back to the top

desi said

the front is all fixed now, as good as new :) ill try and get some pictures up soon, im just at uni during the week so its hard to get the time.
just need to get the front on my lowering springs. i need to sort out the cambers though or the tyres will just wear away real quickly.
i also need to get my RAs on!

the seats are actually just the standard seats, they need to be reupholstered though, the leather is worn in places and the wool fabric is unraveling.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.