Skip navigation

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Back to the top

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Yeeha!!  Nice one fella  :wink:

Back to the top

zambeaky said

cleaned the oil cap up and ran it the past couple of days and all seems ok, i was told that the discoloured oil on the cap is prob condensation which is normal if you do alot of short journeys, i'v managed to temporarely fix the seal on the expansion tank until my new one arrives in the next couple of days im not loosing water so much now

glad you got it sorted mate! Panic over!!!!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

zambeaky said

cleaned the oil cap up and ran it the past couple of days and all seems ok, i was told that the discoloured oil on the cap is prob condensation which is normal if you do alot of short journeys, i'v managed to temporarely fix the seal on the expansion tank until my new one arrives in the next couple of days im not loosing water so much now

glad you got it sorted mate! Panic over!!!!

yeah i think so, i'l jus keep an eye on it for a week or two, keep checking the oil and stuff make sure the oil stays un contaminated, idle seems to hav returned to normal, it prob is partly a case of me panicing a bit too  flapping doing my orvil impression! ( flapflap i wish i could fly but i cant flapflap)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
Lol I can just picture it, orvil with your voice- I think we need to change your user name to orvil!.......or you with orvils voice! Ha ha ha

Back to the top
had tracking done today it was well out but all done now, and they adjusted my head lights for me as i put new ones on, they said i'd done a pretty good job with setting them up really consideringi used the back of the focus to line them up  :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
constructive day today cleaning again removed the mirrors and the door handles and removed al the badges to clean behind them all, re stuck the karmann badges back in the right place on the wings as a previous owner had stuck them in the wrong place, bit by bit she's getting very tidy

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
started my own refurb on my wheels, decided im having them painted not polished and selected gun matal grey for the colour. thought that as the car was white they it needed a darker coloured wheel but not black or too dark and with the gun metal grey it has a slight two tone in it so will change its silver shade at different angles

got 3 wheels stript today one left to do, one of the wheels is goin to my m8's paint shop tomoro, will hav to get them done one at a time as i only hav the space saver spare wheel to put the car on until the wheel comes back
i'v done the stripping and he will do the wet flatting and prepping for painting

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
looking good man! make sure you dont get your grimey hands in Spudwoks fur, it matts something terrible! you taking the tyres off?

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

brucieboy said

looking good man! make sure you dont get your grimey hands in Spudwoks fur, it matts something terrible! you taking the tyres off?

the guy thats doin em for said he can take them off but as im having to drop them off one by one to have them done one at a time and use the space saver spare while he has it i said if its guna make life easier and get the job done quicker then dont bother, he said he'l let the tyres down anyway so he will still be able to paint the rim lip so i said do it that way, the wheels are never guna be perfect they need alot of work to get them perfect i said i'd be happy if they just look clean and fresher, the guys doin it as a favour for ?10 a wheel and i pay for the paint so that im more than happy with that, he started work on the one i dropped off this eve straight away, i was watchin him make the curb marks disapear awsome they wil look nice certainly better than they did  :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
LOL…. popped round to see Zambo doing this and he didn't touch my fur lol… I've still got my glossy coat  :lol:

Zambo they'll look ace fella… was a serious amount of effort you put in too bud… looking forward to seing the 1st one you get back.  :wink:

Back to the top
just changed the rad cards, mine were badly worn and warped, so funk-star managed to get me some second hand replacements

off with the old ones

in with the rplacements

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
just an update, 1st wheels been sprayed, reacted slightly with the lacqer so he took it back with wet flat and his decided his guna strip it and start again rather than waist the time and paint trying to salvage it, i'v got it on the car at the min temporary, will hav to drop it off on wed as needed it 2moro night to go to ace cafe, must say tho i think the colour goes well with the white of the car and by putiing it on it has given me an opertunity to see wot it would look like using that colour and im pleased with it so will stick with that colour 8)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
goin to drop another wheel off tonight, got a bit behind as i had to have all 4 back for trip to london so will help him prep it tonight to speed it up a bit 8)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
two wheels being done today, all curb marks have been sanded and wet flated out and any oxodised alloy has been sanded out, the primers on and will be painted with thier 1st coat of gun meatal later tonight, allowed to dry over night then they will get thier top coat and lacquer in the morning

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
really cracked on withthem today and we had enough time to lacquer them tonight aswell so was a good productive day

1st coat of gun metal applied…….

2nd coat of gun metal applied……

lacquer applied…..

i'm really chuffed with how they've turned out, they are not perfect but a good job done  8O , they were never guna be perfect with the damage that two of them had sustained from curbing but i am more than happy with the finish and didnt expect to get the amount of curb marks out that we did, these wheels are a far cry from wot they were and im impressed with them, just have the other two to do now, the one that reacted the 1st wheel we painted is one of them so i will be hard at it tomoro stripping that back again but the other ones already stripped and ready to go under the can :)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top

NICEEEEEE

NICE CAR DUDE

DROP THE TOP AND LETS RIDE

Back to the top

Re: NICEEEEEE

ekgotskillzz said

NICE CAR DUDE

thanks fella she's getting where i'd like her to be, she really has cleaned up well since i bought her' cant wiat to get themwheels on this morning and get a proper idea of how she looks with one side completely done

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
3rd wheel in the process of being painted today so thats good geting closer to completion, just final wheel will take a bit more time as it has to be stripped again but being fresh paint and stript of allold paint prior to refurb the new paint should strip off relitively easy

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
another one done one left to do, guna have to leave it for today now (GP's on!) but here's some photo's with completed side……

my camera's not the greatest so they have come out looking darker in the pics than they actually are, they do change from light grey thro to dark grey depending on the angle you stand at :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Good work, they look good !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.