Skip navigation

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Back to the top

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Spudfingers said

8O  8O …. errrrrr… what do I think…. I think you'll be doing mine next  :lol: !!!  Well done mate she scrubs up a treat!!

finally finished the front arches today, took a while tho cause every half hr had to run for sheltor as it would poor down , start! stop! start! stop! got it done tho and looks nice well pleased, if you want your doin spud i can come and help u it would be alot quicker job with 2 :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
Thanks mate got to get that and the vectra running again first lol… both in bits.. but you may well get a call in few months mate looks lovely.. like factory  :clap:

Back to the top
cheers m8 it makes it all worth it :D  :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
nice sun set pic

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
That's sunset is mad…. did you make sure it was actually a sunset and not some chav setting the bushes alight bud  :lol: …. good pic  :wink:

Back to the top
LMAO!! :lol:

your prob right its prob some car being burnt out by local car thieves ha ha.
that was last night, it was mad that was at my mates just up the rd when i got home the sky had actually turned pink and lavinder colour but couldnt get a pic of that one with the car in it cause the trees were too high

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
thinking about coil overs for my cabby, can you get them at a standard ride hight and can you get them so they are not to hard maybe a little firmer on the rear but i dont want to fit bone shakers on the car?

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top

zambeaky said

thinking about coil overs for my cabby, can you get them at a standard ride hight and can you get them so they are not to hard maybe a little firmer on the rear but i dont want to fit bone shakers on the car?

Nope, coilovers basically lower your car loads and make the ride hard! That's what they do!!!

Back to the top
been busy today, i put a new rocker cover gasket on today and put a cleaned up painted rocker cover i'v had waiting to fit on to replace the old rusty one, its made such a difference……

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Nice one fella!!!  Getting there aye!!!

Back to the top
yeah bit by bit slowly but surely….its so tempting to spend spend but hav to hold back and jus do a bit at a time where and when, think i might try and find somewhere that can maybe steam clean the engine in the car there's no point in dropping it out to do it cause i use it as a daily, would be just nice to get it as clean as i can then stay on top of it  :P

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Those inner wheel arches look awesome when you showed me them bud!!!  Just some wheels and bits and bobs and your there… check down the back of your couch for extra coins mate…. you need those wheels!!!

Back to the top
yeah i know, trust me my holiday money is sitting there its been sooooo tempting but my lifes not worth it lisa would kill me lol!!

the good thing tho is as winters not too far away now really i may as well wait now til next summer for wheels, that gives me all winter to save and decide wot to get, i really like those two sets i showed you tho if the money does come available buy some miracle over the next couple of months and their still available i shall get them   :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
right i'v got two new head lights to fit (courtesy of funk-star)

before i go removing things i dont need to remove taking a look at things am i right in thinking that the high beam lamps (which i wont be removing or changing yet) can be removed and changed with out removing the grill but to change the main beam head lamps i will need to remove the whole grill?

the reason i ask is i'v noticed there's a series of plastic clips holding the grill in place aswell as bolts so before i go trying to pop the plastic clips out that could be brittle with age by now i thought i would check that it is necessery to remove the clips and grill …… :dontknow:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
just a few of updated photo's too

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
headlamps changed, easier than i thought it would be, all cleaned up behind the grill too, decided after putting it back together that iwouldnt put the grill brow back on prefer the look with out it

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
also put on the new polished stainless steel radiator hangers, nut, and washers as the old ones were serverely rusted

so over all had a constructive day today, just need to pop to the garage tomoro and get them to line my lights up so their aiming correctly

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Looking good ma man looking good!!!  Defo get them lined up as they need setting when first purchased.  Like the new mud flaps too  :wink:

Back to the top
right here's the story so far , the other day i noticed my idle speed had dropped from k8.5 to k5.0 so i bought new bosch super 4's fitted them to see if it was down to the old plugs and didnt make any difference.
whilst i was under the bonnet i checked my oil levels… all fine… checked in the oil cap and fine…. checked my header tank for the water and was nearly down to the bottom of the header tank, i topped it up went out the next day all was fine idle speed still slow and lumpy so when i got home checked header tank and had lost about half a header tank of water again so topped it back up but also noticed a hissing noise from the header tank cap caps on as tight as can be so thought maybe just the seal was worn on the cap so im loosing steam through it.

well today i checked water level all fine and checked inside the oil cap and noticed this on the cap

on this pic dont mistake the the wear on the rocker cover filler nick as creamy coloured oil its just warn off paint down to bear metal the rocker cover seems to be ok inside the dicoloured oil seems to be only visible on the inside of the cap but with the black plastic cover over the top of the cam inside the rocker cover you can actually get a good look inside to see whats really going on

is this to worry about, are these the signs that my head gasket is going, i was guna try and adjust the idle speed but now im not so sure to do that as if there is another reason the idle speed is playing up then i could be just compensating for a problem by adjusting it and carry on driving when infact there were warning signes there and i'v just covered them up and causing further damage

when i changed the plugs the colour idication on them suggest that my engine is running normal, not running weak or rich and that the engine is in good condition?

when you look inside the rocker cover you cant actualy see any discolour to oil it only appears to be on the cap its self and the rocker cover filler neck, i'v checked the oil on the dip stick thats fine

any idea's, i will have to take it to the garage i think monday and get their opinoin but was wondering if any one on here thinks this is something to worry about ie the head gasket??

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
cleaned the oil cap up and ran it the past couple of days and all seems ok, i was told that the discoloured oil on the cap is prob condensation which is normal if you do alot of short journeys, i'v managed to temporarely fix the seal on the expansion tank until my new one arrives in the next couple of days im not loosing water so much now

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.