Skip navigation

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Back to the top

1990,1.8,karmann clipper/alpine white

Good stuff…. cheap little repair… and won't keep you off the road long  :wink:

Back to the top
she's repaired and back home, x2 rear brake cylinders x2 set of rear brake pads & 1hrs labour & ?96 later she's back up and running  :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
Good price that mate and back on the road in this weather bargain  :wink:

Back to the top
my new metal german number plates have come thro, i could have had the A in german with two dots above it but thought i'd best try and keep the writing as close to english as possible, it should be H97 4 AMT if i'd gone completely in the german style but again thought i'd better keep it as the GB lay out wot do you think, im not one for mods anymore but i think its a nice simple little touch :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
i'v now decided that im guna take her off the rd during winter, we are looking to move at the moment so i told the misses you can choose the house i just want a garage, the 1st couple of days of looking i realised that i had to sit her down and explain the difference between a garage and a shed and that all the property's she'd selected didnt have grarages they had shed's and there for no garage no deal

im guna get all the skirts and bumpers sprayed as theres a few scuffs that need sorting
im wanna open the bonnet and clean up respay a few bits in there, its pretty clean under the bonnet but could be better with out taking the engine out,
i want to change all the hoses on the engine so will try and find a hose kit for it, may work out cheaper that way so im thinking of maybe blue hoses,
wanna take the wheels off and clean up the calippers and rear hubs, get them painted so that when summer starts next yr i can source a set of deep dish 14" wheels maybe with BBs pattern or similar see wots about but def deep dish, i want them quite deep actually and over the winter i want to see about maybe getting my brakes serviced see if that will improve them a bit

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
yesterday i discovered a button under the centre console, there is an alarm fitted on the car which i understood to be not working and a flashing LED in the dash which i thought was just wired up to flash as a decoy, the LED's never changed it rythm car on or off so i had no reason to think it worked! WRONGGGGGG!!

YES I PRESSED THE BUTTON!

after i pressed the button i noticed the LED had changed so i immediately tried to start the car and NOTHING!

all the temp, oil, battery LED's lit up as normal but as soon as i tried to turn it over it just clicked.
after about 1hr of trying to press the switch to return it back to how it was flashing and trying the ignition i gave up, spoke to my nieghbour as her brother is a auto electrician and he came round, he said they used to fit these on cosworths years ago there will be a set way ie something like …. press button … press brake.. pull screen wash … turn her over! we tried every way we could think off , it didnt work so he got to work under the dash , he was taking his time doing things carefully and neatly and he'd bypassed the alarm in less than 5 mins, but we turned the key and AHHHHH STILL NOTHING!!!  
  :banghead:            :banghead:            :banghead:             :dontknow:
 he checked everything he'd done and he said its not the alarm its something else, off he went to his van and came back with a length of cable, he disconnected the starter motor at the connector block and placed the wire in the connector and touched the other end of the cable on the battery and NOTHING it just clicked! he reckons the starter motors gone and reckons that it was purely coincidental that i pressed the button and the starter motor jamming,but i dont understand if it is the starter motor then why would the power hood  not work and i had to close it manually?? well she in the garage now, got her picked up this morning and im just waiting to here the news now as to what the problem is, i have to admit the starter motor does make alot of noise when you start her it always has since i got her but i got the garage to check that when they changed the alternator and they seemed to think the starter motor was fine …. hope its nothing mojor im missing her already and were missing this suprb weather  :cry:

get well soon clip xx

oh and you wont wanna take me on a space shuttle??…………………. OoooooHH WHATS THIS BUTTON DO!!  :lol:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
she's back home fixed new starter motor fitted not a cheap repair but glad to hav her back  :D

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Alrite Buddy,
New to this Forum your Clipper is in Immaculate condition by the looks of it has it been resprayed at all?

Have you got any rust patches any where ?
reason being ive just bought one underneath very good but have slight rust patches starting to form in certain area's think it might have been near the coast for a while cause engine bay is the same ,
ive got all the service history and mot's interior is in good nick i think and the roof is but mines in black so thinking its not the oringal one doe'snt leak though will put sum pics up 2morrow.

Carlsberg don't do Alzheimers… Just exceedingly good cakes

Back to the top
thanks m8, its nice to know all that polishing and scubbing was worth all the sweat :D

welcome to the site fella,
they do come with a black hood, the outer roofs been replaced on mine i didnt plan to look for one with a white hood it was on it when i got but after a while not being to sure about it the white hoods realy grown on me now.
it has been resprayed at some point, no rust on her but she does hav a scuff on the left side front bumper not too big and a few little scuffs and chips on the side skirts,she wasnt this clean when i bought her its taken many wk ends polishing, scrubbing, degreasing, polishing some more to clean her up, plan is to get the bumpers, arch trim and, side skirts resprayed next yr jus b4 summer.
where's the rust patches forming and how bad is the rust, are they just on panels or are they appearing on structual parts of the car?
 have you cleaned the engin bay to see how it comes up?

get some pics up fella and we'l take a look  :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Your clipper is looking fresh :y:

Looks like it came from Rye Mill VW garage (now citygate) which is about 50meters around the corner from where I live in High Wycombe.

James

1987 Golf Mk1 GTI 1.8 Cabrio

Back to the top
thanks fella, yeah im really chuffed with how she's cleaning up still a bit a bit to do tho.

yeah  she did got the original purchase reciept in the paper work she's still got the RYE MILL sticker in the window and the RYE MILL number plate trim i dont wanna take em off their in good nik so i chose to keep them on :)

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
only surface rust mainly on the rear q panels near the poppers atachment is and sum on the bottom of door and dvr's sill,
and a knocking noise on dvr's side think its the bumper cause has sum play cant find the bolts to sort out.

Back to the top
set up a post on "your cars & projects" forum and then post some pics of all the area's your concerned about, they'l be painters & sprayers on the site that will be able to tell you wot they think too :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Cheers Buddy
been having probs with the DEBUG problem
Paul

Back to the top
no probs m8, you goin to agm?  yeah on the cars and your projects guess you see how its all done, its handy cause you can keep a record of all the work you'v done wiv pics and comments since you bought her, you have to be carefull the wot you put in the title cause if you put probs in the title or questions or put for sale or looking for they will move your subject to another forum to do with wot you wrote?? even tho i like to just write on the one forum your cars and projects just a tip for you buddy :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
Hi there can I ask where you got your plates made, car looks fantastic btw.

<a href="http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk">New Golf Cabrio Forum NEEDS YOU</a>

<a href="url">http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk</a>

Back to the top
Cheers for the tips Zambeaky,
ref the AG event dont no if im working yet would like to go though can you buy tickets on the gate at the day,
Paul

Back to the top
been busy today, cleaned out the arches some new underseal and paint in them ,really cleaned them up, i checked them out while they were nice and clean and no rust yipeeee :D

wot do you think?

i'v done some cleanin in the engine bay too but havent got around to takin the pictures yet and will take some pics of the finished arches too with the wheels back, prob wont notice it too much with the 15's on but when i finally get some ATS classics there will be plenty of room to see in the arches but they will look clean in there

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
well done, looks great

Back to the top
8O  8O …. errrrrr… what do I think…. I think you'll be doing mine next  :lol: !!!  Well done mate she scrubs up a treat!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.