Skip navigation

Price guide

Back to the top

Price guide

DannyEss said

yeah but asking for ?2000 for a car with no mot or tax thats 30 years old is abit extreme whatever car it is.

Its quite clear to me that this car won't sell AT THIS PRICE. It might be a 'starting point' for negotiation or it will remain unsold.

penny said

The best guide to price is to monitor what prices similar mk1s having been selling for in the past month or so, that would give you the "market price" so to speak.

The problem is, I suppose, for prices of an s1 which don't come up for sale as often. The sellers, with a much rarer and arguably desirable mk1, have the luxury of going for whatever price they wish!! And on that basis you can't really complain.

Remember, where not communists!!

Yes but in addition to monitoring headline prices, there needs to be follow up to check 1. that the transaction went ahead and 2. what the price was. Since this is private between the buyer and seller then an assurance that individual sales won't be revealed, plus a level of reputation in the compiler (hence club input) would be needed.

Back to the top
Price of the car is dertermined by the condition of the car & the spec as opposed to a guide.

It depends on the seller of the car how much he wants for his car & the Buyer howmuch he wants to pay.

I dont think a guide is useful for classic cars.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
is there a price guide on here then?

Where? :dontknow:

Back to the top
I am sure there was one seen it here before  :roll:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

funnyfarm said

whatalotafun said

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Welcome to the club.

You should go to the Newbie Forum and introduce yourself mate. We always offer a very warm welcome to everyone!

What do you drive?

T

Back to the top
cheers tian, and thanks for the link.

but i still can't find it myself!!

where is it found? :dontknow:

Back to the top
I didn't do anything bud, it was funnyfarm with his/her first post!

Have you clicked the link?

T :?

Back to the top

Tian said

i have clicked the link. it works fine.
ijust can't see how to get to it on the site! :dontknow:  i'm trying

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

Tian said

i have clicked the link. it works fine.
ijust can't see how to get to it on the site! :dontknow:  i'm trying

hi guys sorry to make such a weird first post the price guide is found on the home page to the right hand side i found it earlier

i currently looking at a mk1

Back to the top
:oops: of course :oops:

thanks for that funnyfarm
welcome, i'd say you've gotten off to a good start mate.

Back to the top
Wow, I've not been on for a while but it's nice to know that I've not missed out on much.

Still debating the price guide eh? A classic scenario of those who are happy with it and realise that it's always going to be slightly meaningless defending it against those who arn't happy with it but expect those that are happy with it to put the work in to update something that they're already happy with. Pointless.

Surely we must assume that those who want it changed just want higher prices displayed so that they stand a better chance of recovering what the car 'owes them'. Maybe you could just set up your own website and stick some made up prices on there so you can point to that as what your car is 'worth', it's still not going to make a difference to your sale price + you can't be bothered to do the research in the first place anyway so it's all a bit of a no go plan.

I'll side with those who are happy with it as it is.

Matt

Back to the top

MATTG said

Wow, I've not been on for a while but it's nice to know that I've not missed out on much.

Still debating the price guide eh? A classic scenario of those who are happy with it and realise that it's always going to be slightly meaningless defending it against those who arn't happy with it but expect those that are happy with it to put the work in to update something that they're already happy with. Pointless.

Surely we must assume that those who want it changed just want higher prices displayed so that they stand a better chance of recovering what the car 'owes them'. Maybe you could just set up your own website and stick some made up prices on there so you can point to that as what your car is 'worth', it's still not going to make a difference to your sale price + you can't be bothered to do the research in the first place anyway so it's all a bit of a no go plan.

I'll side with those who are happy with it as it is.

Matt
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

And now lets put it to bed…night night

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Good night John Boy.

T

Back to the top
How many for, how many against the price guide as it is then (outdated)?

Back to the top
Why don't you create a new one based on how you see the market and then have a vote on whether people think that it's more accurate than the current one? That'd be a sensible way to do it.

At the moment you're asking people to choose between something and nothing.

Nobody ever got anything from nothing.

Back to the top
you dont get owt for nowt, as my Grandad would say :)

Back to the top
LOL!

Back to the top
bits of it are out of date imho - but as a guide as opposed to a bible it's okay.

though if anyone uses the guide to offer me ?50 for my '83 1.5 GX with 63k miles and a full engine rebuild I'll politely tell them where to go  :D

I just sold an 83 GL for ?750, which is way above the guide price for it, but it was what the car owed me, and the buyer was happy to pay it for the car he received.  

Any markets dictate their own prices by what vendors and purchasers agree…

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top
Simple one guys

If your not happy with it

Rather than pass judgement or comment

Put your hands up and offer to re-write it

After all, this club is run by members for members - no one gets paid and its voluntary!!!

volunteers please step forward………..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.