Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf 1.1 C - TDI Conversion

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf 1.1 C - TDI Conversion

yes you have to move it and flip it over

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
ah nut sacks, i was really hoping you didnt have to  :cry:

Im having  a few issues with the vag com port and transponder box. IE i cant find any of it!

i didnt get much done this weekend, so no point in the pics i promised sorry. And the weathers poo so i cant take pics of my new interiors thats now more or less finished!!!!

I just removed the gearbox, and cleaned it. I might take the old clutch off tonight!

Possibly get it up on the engine crane.

Cheers paul.

Back to the top
flipping the mount shoudln't be a problem for you!!!!!

i know the feeling about the weather, not managed to get any weding done for a few weeks now :cry:

Banner

Back to the top
Yea i spose jelly, but ive got to do the whole transplant over 3 weeks… at xmas….

So doing that takes half a day easy. Plus ive gotta make a downpipe  :cry:

Im just being a moaning minnie haha.

I couldnt resist taking these pics 5 mins ago off the interior. Need a new headlining but you see where im going….

cheers guys.

Back to the top
Right everyone, there are no pics at present but the engine is getting there,

replaced cambelt, but it will have to come off again as the waterpump was the wrong one.

Fitted clutch, sump seal, crankshaft seal, degreased it, head seal, got the clutch conversion from VW which enables the use of a clutch cable, also just about to de-immobilise the ECU, i have bought a PD150 intake off a Mk4 PD 150 BHP engine,

I will be getting bosio R520 injectors, N75 valve, GT1749VA Turbo (VNT Type), EGR Delete Race pipe kit.

Should be pushing around 160 -  170 BHP with a software upgrade :)

Oh i will need a new clutch arrangment with that, and i cant afford a pelequin so i probably wont be driving it much in the wet.

Ref the seats, they are the only mod i will be doing to the body and interior, they are purely because my back is knackered and mk1 seats just dont cut the mustard for my poorly back.

The car is deffo going to be mars red still, chrome rub strips all over ( i got them for xmas) and possibly chrome bumpers…..

I'll have some pics in the next couple of weeks as i will be repairing some damage (not rust) to the arches….. And taking the engine out, degreasing the bay, then prepping the bay for paint.

Thanks all,

Scott

Back to the top
hi all, finally some pictures to update,

collected some bits,

Thats an intercooler in the cardboard box, and in the little box is a custom 02a gearbox mount for the mk1 from caddy shack…

Sump came off, all cleaned up and sealed with sealing stuff, i dont like rubber seals….

Sambelt removed, first off i locked the cam shaft with the flywheel at TDC

Locked the fuel pump

Then on to the biggest welding job, its only small in the grand scheme of things but hey im not complaining,

It had been damaged on the wing at some point, and who ever repaired it decided it sould be a great idea to drill through both inner and outer arches and pull the dent out, leaving loads of massive holes…..

It was a bit rusty on the lip so i decided to cut it out, and i replaced the section of inner….

Got bored, this happened

Back to the top
More or less finished the arch now.

Was drilled through both inner and outer in 3 places, to pull out a dent

Cut inner and out sections out

Welded new inner lip in

Seam sealered

Began stitching

Finito

A light skim, im shit with filler, spent 3 hours on it

Still gotta use this next time i hit the car, to finish the filling

How i left it at the end of the day, pretty happy, im just really slow,

Cheers, Scott

Back to the top
nice work scott :)

Banner

Back to the top
cheers mate, still need to sort the filler out, im so shit with it, hows yours going?

Back to the top
slow but steady :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
yeah,

are you still spraying it at home? Im moving to oadby soon and i'll have a garage at my actual house, rather than going round my mums to use hers!! Cant wait, i'll be on it every night,

also its detatched so i'll be able to spray 2pack paint in there, what paint u using dude?

Back to the top
Any progress? We have similar projects at similar stages, I was doing a search for 02A gearbox mounts and yours came up.

Back to the top
Hi mate, pate reply sorry. No progress I'm afrai as I've moved house and in the process of setting up a new business so really have no time to dk anything, might have some time over Christmas but we will see.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.