Skip navigation

Mod's Continue new pics

Back to the top

Mod's Continue new pics

Hi Guys, as some of you know picked up my k plate mk1 clipper a few weeks ago.

Ive decided to do a few mod's, but am keeping all original parts to put back to standard if/when i want too.

So started this weekend, with the look of the back of the car

This is how it started in morning

Then i fitted the lights

Then decided it would look nicer, and a bit "cleaner" (in my opinion) without the rear panel

and finally re fitted number plate

Some other stuff was meant to be delivered Sat, but didnt turn up till this morning, so in week or next weekend, the following with be fitted to the front

Single headlamp badgeless grill
Crystal Headlights
Light Eyebrow
Bonnet Bra

Got to order some pressed german number plates

And hopefully to come soon a set of these, unless i can find some bbs split rims for my budget!

I will add pics up of the front when i fit the bits

Cheers Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Each to their own mate, personally I wouldn't do some of the stuff you have planned but it looks like you're making good progress so keep up the good work!

T

Back to the top

cheers

its tricky as was gona leave it completely standard but always had the modding bug and like to make my car a little different from the rest.

Im not so sure on the single headlight thing and stuff, but gona keep all the original parts any way, if i dont like it, will sell the new bits

through interest what wouldnt you do?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I'm a great believer in 'your car your choice' so don't get me wrong you go for it.

That said, I don't like M3 lights, the rear panel looks okay but I'm undecided really!?!?! I really wouldn't fit the eyebrow though as I think they look a bit chav and spoil the angular look of the front.

Apart from that the bra is a dodgy one and can cause problems if not regularly taken off and cleaned so personally I wouldn't bother especially on a white car.

Things I like are crystal headlights and them there wheels are lush.

T :wink:

Back to the top
Yeah top marks to those wheels!! What are they?

1989 MK1 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet, 'All White Edition' - currently having a new blue roof fitted. Yes it's not white but it requires less Cif to clean :)

Back to the top
Ok found them. Wow! ?509 with tyres isn't bad at all!

1989 MK1 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet, 'All White Edition' - currently having a new blue roof fitted. Yes it's not white but it requires less Cif to clean :)

Back to the top

wheels

I know!

?509 with tyres, bargain if you've got it lol

There not proper split rims, and im worried about the quality i.e they may start to corrode etc quicker then bbs etc, but becasue the golfs only coming out in the summer, should be able to keep them looking shinny and sweet.

Either them or some ronal turbo's

Im saving away for new wheels now, been an expensive couple of months with buying the car, taxing, insurance, 2 tyres on the back etc.

Thought i'd do these exterior mod's first and then drop it on some new wheels to finish it off.

DOES ANYONE KNOW Can you fit 16's on a mk1 golf with normal tyres and not get rubbing, or will they rub or make the car look like a roller skate?

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Provided it's not slammed and the et is correct it should be okay, you'll need to calculate your rolling radius though and buy section tyres that suit. Also don't forget unless the bore is right you'll need spigots to get it down to 57.1mm.

I'm going now cos three white cab owners in the same thread is bunching in anyone's book!

T  :lol:

Back to the top

wheels

lol

calculate my rolling radius? ! ? how do i do that !

Well im thinking about getting some stretched euro look tyres on them, as never had any like that yet.

The wheel suppliers say they come ready to fit the car correct offset etc , there is a set on ebay with a 108 instead of 100 pcd i think, can i get converters ?

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
O.k, so the mods continued this weekend fitted the New grill, lights and adjusted the bonet bra.

Have an eyebrow to go on as well, but wouldnt fit, seemed about and inch too small, so contacted seller to get new one.

Bonnet bra seems to be stretching bit by bit, and am tightening it, but still not sitting flat …….

Just want a set on Lenso BSX or BBS split rims then all done

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
looks good dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Liking the clean rear look  8)   

Where did you get the grill and lights? Loads of different grills out there….yours looks like the one i'm after  :P

Back to the top

grill

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Looks good!,similar mods to me, I would have probally done clear front indicators… also undecided on the rear plate…

P.S On the bra, the "Toblerone Boxes" un-stitch if you want a smoother look. Nice to see a local"ish" lad on here.

Any help you want drop me a PM

Loving any chrome or carbon bits...

Back to the top

indicators

Yeah, the front indicators were on there when i got it and i think they are smoked ones, i want clear ones but cant find any for a clipper kit bumper.

Anyone know where i can source late clear indicators for the clipper kit?

Thanks for all the comments

saving hard for the new rims now

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
lookin good so far! you have the same interior as me, the only other cab I've ever seen with this pattern in blue, nice aint it  8)
Only ever seen it in grey which looks real nasty

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

Yeah really happy with interior. looks like new.

Have now put black seat covers on the fronts to stop the bolsters getting skagged/ damaged.

Also got my Black Tonneau cover through from ebay last week, which finishes it off nicely, i paid to much for it, and it needs a clean, but really think they look good with the tonneau cover on.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET CLEAR INDICATORS FOR THE FRONT CLIPPER BUMPERS ? ?

really struggling to find them

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
iirc MTS car styling do them, its a german company but they have an ebay shop :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

German plates, clear indicators

o.k then guys, so carried on with a few of the subtle mod's i wanted to do this weekend before going to VOLKSFEST.

fitted the new bonnet bra, as old one wasnt fitting right so had to go back, and also some German Pressed Plates & clear indicators on the front rather than the smoked ones

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Love the numberplate mate. I was going to go down the dodgy route too but I'm a coward so I got the GB insignia instead. Looks good though!

T
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.