Skip navigation

Is it just me or......

Back to the top

Is it just me or......

Are royal mail getting worse?

In the last month alone they have managed to lose 6 parcels!!!

Ranging from door pins to reuseable nappies, even a recorded parcel?

Even stuff getting to me seems to take forever?

Anyone else having problems?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Mate, I wouldn't say it was just you but for me they are doing a brilliant job. As you know I'm constantly posting out membership packs and they all arrive no problem (I assume as nobody complains). Our Postman is a revelation too. Really helpful and a nice bloke.

Top marks from me at the moment.

T :dontknow:

Back to the top
My local van & driver are cracking, always early doors so no waiting in, even postman is spot on, i can not fault them
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Thumbs up for me too - most recorded stuff I send out is there next day.  Inbound service in Wallingford is brilliant - If I'm not at home they'll bring stuff down to the unit!!!!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

i'm with funk star,

i had a parcel go missing he sent me, (thanks again mark for sorting it out again though)

royal mail have also lost 2 other parcls i have ordered, both times its ben a real chore sorting it out.

using carrier pidgeons would be more successful than royal mail at the moment if you ask me!

dan

here for a good time, not a long time

Back to the top
Mind you - someone didn't get a fuel cap once - I replaced it after waiting the standard 14 days and on the same day the postie brought the first one to the customer covered in mud!!!

Back to the top
It's either crap post service or people scamming me.

I'd hope it's not the latter, but you never know?

Back to the top
That's why everything leaves here with a signature required - has happened to me in the past I'm sure

Back to the top
Yea i might start putting the price of post up to cover recorded on everything.

Tho my dash vents came 2nd class normal post from you so not everything :wink:

Back to the top

funk-star said

It's either crap post service or people scamming me.

I'd hope it's not the latter, but you never know?

that why i send everything we sell through ebay recorded

before sending recorded we apparantly had a few parcels go missing

Now - nothing

plus its easier to trace and claim if it does go missing..

also, paypal requires you to send it trackable in any events of a claim

I think its about 70p to each parcel, but worth it - although it takes again the PO now to actually send anything

Back to the top
My postman lives across the road from mje so he sorts out any recorded deliveries for me so I don't need to go up the office as much.

I may tap him up for the PO Box for the club soon!!   :wink:

Back to the top
I can't complain about the postage round my way now cos they're perfect, but when I lived in the north east they were awful.

So many times I waited for a parcel, sitting about 10 feet from the front door and I never heard a knock, checked the post and they'd put the card through the door to say they'd knocked and nobody was in.

This happened so often I decided to sit where I could see him coming, so I opened the door as soon as he went to put the card through the letterbox. The lazy s**t had been leaving them in the van cos he couldn't be arsed to carry them the 40 yards along the path incase we weren't in. I was in every bloody day cos I was between jobs :roll:  :oops:

Did my nut in, what's the point in paying for postage if you have to go and pick it up from them anyway? Tossers.  :banghead:

aaaand calm…  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Ive had a mixed bag :lol: regarding parcel delivery.
Recorded mail was mentioned,and I have to say I have recieved recorded letters through the door without being asked for a signature.So maybe even that isn`t infallible :dontknow:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

funk-star said

Tho my dash vents came 2nd class normal post from you so not everything :wink:

Really???  How long ago did you order them?  Even then I send/have sent nothing second class and have been 1st recorded on everything royal mail for about 6 months!!

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
Mixed bag here too… the postie is great but the guy sending me paint mixed up the order.  Waited 2 weeks for a replacement he sent and there was still nothing.  He had to send another lot.  Not sure if he was busy and fobbing me of or did actually send them  :dontknow:

Everything else though I've not had a problem.  An independant courier though did bend the end of the dash I bought off of a member here though  :dontknow: … I think it's a break down in the chain that causes damage, loss or late deliverys…probably happen anywhere… recorded you pay extra so they have to pay more attention I'm guessing  :dontknow:

Back to the top
what happened with that dash spud? you get it fixed? i've found the royal mail to be alright as i've been selling a lot of stuff lately and had no real bother apart from stuff taking slightly longer on a few ocassions and the dash that spud fingers mentioned which sounded like they had stacked stuff on top of it…..  :dontknow:

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

what happened with that dash spud? you get it fixed?

Going to shape and glue a strengthening plate on it made of plastic after I've finished my engine build mate.

Back to the top
i still feel s**t about that dude even if it wasn't my fault  :( .

Back to the top
I sent a small item off on January 9th this year and it arrived yesterday. It's destination was less than 25 miles away.

I still think they offer a fantastic service but then again I am a postman so maybe a bit biased….. :roll:

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

i still feel s**t about that dude even if it wasn't my fault  :( .

No worries fella I'll fix it  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.