Skip navigation

Spot the difference

Back to the top

Spot the difference

Is this a dream?

Back to the top

paul_c said

The DVLA does not make mistakes?????

Did anyone else see watchdog the other day??

DVLA taking peoples entitlements off their licence when renewed.

Back to the top
It is underlined… perhaps it needs some flames round it or something..  :dontknow:  :lol:

Back to the top
Why all the cynicism? I think it's a perfectly fair point. There's a few questions I'm sure I've read about 6 times in the last few months.

Maybe a big sticky at the top of the Newbies section with some general tips in it:

i.e. image hosting tutorial, parts/cars for sale rules, pointers to the tech sections/archives & buyers guides and tips on how to use the search function?

Back to the top
We already have the image placing guide mate and every forum has a set of rules attached. We also have announcements in place too so everyone should know what's happening.

However yes it's a fair point and I personally think some more can be done but will people take any notice? For example, since I've been in this role I've placed up a Membership Tracking thread as an announcement but I still get loads of emails and PMs asking about delivery and has it been processed? I don't mind, it's my job but the point is people in the main don't look. It's like reading instructions, people don't

Like I said though, it's worth looking into.

T :dontknow:

Back to the top
Yeah cool, I was thinking along the lines of a coverall "read this first" type thread right at the top, though you're right - there's no way to ensure people will read it before they start posting  :roll:

Back to the top

tyeness said

Yeah cool, I was thinking along the lines of a coverall "read this first" type thread right at the top, though you're right - there's no way to ensure people will read it before they start posting  :roll:

There is no way to ensure people read it, but there is a way to make it appear on their screen, before they can post a message into a/any sub-forum. If you have not posted in the classifieds before and make a 1st post, a message will pop up explaining the rules*. It wasn't extended to other areas because, although it was being displayed, it wasn't being read!

*They might have turned it off now.

Back to the top

paul_c said

I saw no pop-up last week when i put my GL up for sale.

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top

plurker said

paul_c said

I saw no pop-up last week when i put my GL up for sale.

I can't remember, might just be parts. Its been that long!

Back to the top
i don't know about others, but i find the "posting proccess" away of feeling a part of the group, i have had an input, and it leads others to have there's too (by posting a reply). it keeps the club fresh, and stops the forums going stagnant because every thing has stopped moving (due to others just looking up answers).

i have no problem with newbies asking the same or similar questions, all you need to do is answer them and then they disappear.

Back to the top
Yeah I know what u mean there. Its important not to lose the friendliness, etc. But for solid, technical info, where there is 1 right answer, there's better ways of delivering the info.

Back to the top
Paul did this not bug you before when you where website manager?
when you had the chance to do something about it, or is it not that simple?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
That's a strange question. I did something about it! The search engine was tweaked to give better results and the technical section was created, which covered some of the recurring themes of the day.

Back to the top

paul_c said

That's a strange question. I did something about it! The search engine was tweaked to give better results and the technical section was created, which covered some of the recurring themes of the day.

So is there room to tweak it more? or is it always going to be that folk post up rather than search and if this is the case there isn't much we can do about it other than moan about it is there?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Yeah there's definitely more which can be done.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.