Skip navigation

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

Back to the top

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

the vw breakers moved to Altham(stilled called bury vw breakers though :dontknow: ), best one for old vw spares now is autosave in bury. have'nt checked the yards in bury, will have a look tomorrow if i get chance.

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
I know th lads at altham and they havnt had anything in

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Had a call this morning from a CID bloke.

He said they've got all the CCTV footage and have started looking through it.

He also added that my car was there on the morning of the day I went to pick it up ( I went at 6pm ) so it seems I may have just missed it  :banghead:

Glad they're well on with it now though  :)

(still looking for another Mk1 if anyone's selling one…)

Cheers

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Had a call this morning from a CID bloke.

He said they've got all the CCTV footage and have started looking through it.

He also added that my car was there on the morning of the day I went to pick it up ( I went at 6pm ) so it seems I may have just missed it  :banghead:

Glad they're well on with it now though  :)

(still looking for another Mk1 if anyone's selling one…)

Cheers

You'd think they'd look at the CCTV of the bit in between the morning when it was there, and 6pm when Mk1_Arron pops into the CCTV coverage, scratching his head and wandering around with a recovery truck drive shrugging his shoulders and moaning about the added time?

Back to the top
look at inspector morse here…. :scratch:

-He said he's busy and has to look in what spare time he gets

Back to the top
Sorry but this is laughable - the police have, in their possession THE CCTV OF THE CRIME IN PROGRESS and they can't find the time to look at it?????

Back to the top
Do you want his mobile number Paul. You can call him if it bothers you so much?

Back to the top
Doesn't it bother you though?

I think you need to ask YOURSELF what you want as an outcome! Do you really want the car back? Its knackered! For parts? Try to repair? I'm surprised the police showed any interest in the first place, its not like there's a victim to the crime, in a way they've done you a favour by removing it off the road for you, whoever took it. But since the police DID get involved (and it appears Dano is now involved in it too???) you'd have hoped they'd complete it, especially with the evidence on a plate, rather than a half-hearted investigation.

Back to the top
I understand what you mean, but he's 'busy' so I guess he has a bigger case on at the moment :dontknow: which takes priority..

And also, in light of what you said, i'm just glad they're doing anything about it

I want the car back because it's mine.

Back to the top
you pretty much answered your own question there paul. as aaron said it isn't a high priority and if he's cid god knows what other cases he might have on rape, murder etc. i know what i'd rather have my local police looking into even if it is at my own annoyance.

Back to the top
Can`t you offer to look at the tape yourself, :dontknow:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Have you guys not joined the dots up yet…!!!!  :lol:

Paul, you're talking about stuff that you don't know about. Assuming things when you don't know the facts!

Arron, its was ME who phoned you yesterday. I was checking the 'between times' to get an indication when the car was last seen. I've gone back through the footage but there is still some to be done so bare with me. I don't cover that area and my boss could raise an eyebrow at me doing the review in my normal day hours when I should be doing my own stuff.  :wink:

What I will say is that CCTV takes ages to review. Paul, you say that the theft is 'on a plate and the CCTV will show the crime in progress'.  How do you know that?
The road where the car was parked only has a camera at one end so if it was removed via the opposite end there will be no record of who took it.
At the end where the camera is, the operator uses it as part of his daily job so it swings round monitoring stuff. If it is pointing in the wrong direction when the car emerges at the junction then again, we are out of luck.
However, if it IS pointing in the right direction and I am looking at the right time when it was taken then it should be on camera. There are a lot of variables when reviewing CCTV and unless you actually had to sit through hours of it, you'll not understand how mind numbingly boring it is. there are potentially 8 hours of footage to watch and before you say 'put it on fast forward', if you do that then the footage skips and misses seconds out so the car could be missed as well. 8 hours footage could result in 4-5 viewing time. And yes in the normal course of the day, if it wasn't a fellow MK1 owner, I wouldn't be carrying out this taks for Arron.

If only it was as easy to go to that portion of the recording and identify people!!!

Arron, I'll do my best for you. I'm doing it in my spare time so you'll have to have some patience I'm afriad. The normal process is to record the crime and wait for the car to turn up but you've got a bit more than that in this case!!! PM me the times again when your dad last saw it on the road please.

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

Sean,

This is the age of digital now!!!!!Better quality!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Fair play Dano,
That's damn good you are doing that to help out another Mk1 owner.
 :y:

Back to the top
haha didn't know it was you! Hi :)

Yeah sure, i'll PM you now.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Arron  :doh:
Students eh  :lol:
Dano  :clap:
Finger crossed it's not an Oxo cube wrapper  :pray:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

Dano said

SEAN1151 said

Sean,

This is the age of digital now!!!!!Better quality!!!  :lol:

lol ,you got me bang to rights guv` lol, :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Tape indeed, :wink:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Dano = nice man.

"Book 'em," etc. etc.

Life in the French Alps: <a href="Le Franco Phoney: All things French in La Clusaz, Annecy and Haute Savoie">www.lefrancophoney.com</a>

Back to the top

Arron fancy not putting 2 & 2 together :lol:

Dan you are a hero  :notworthy:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.