Skip navigation

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

Back to the top

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

MK1_Arron said

A5OPY said

1.How long did you leave it there?
2. why?

im confused have you no mates who could have towed it to your house?

Well look on the bright side i can assume you where 3rd party fire and theft???

you might get more for it than it was worth smashed up- every cloud has a silver lining :D

1. 4 days
2. Couldn't afford to move it immediately. I don't have any friends with a tow truck, sadly.

And I don't want to lose my years no claims mate! They're soo soo valuable at my age!  :|
So i'm not claiming it on the insurance. It's just been a very expensive few weeks of motoring
4 days!! if you had posted on here the night you had the prang and asked for help im sure between us we would have had it back at your house within 12 hrs

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Which pub was it, where abouts. There is/used to a be VW breakers near Knuzden :dontknow:

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
ok, so thinking about it locicaly, it wasn't stolen to get someone home, it wasn't stolen to be resold, i'm sure it wouldn't have been stolen to be weighed in. it must have been taken by someone willing to break it, who obviously knows exactly what it is, if they have any sence, they would let the water settle before selling the parts, so even if you asked at the breakers for a couple of bits they would probably turn you away.

i would recommend a call around as many breakers as poss, asking them for a full interior, and a bonnet. colour not bothered. makes sure they know that you have lots of money (explain how you are having trouble getting one for under ?400), and need it asap and leave it with them. someone will contact you if they thinkthey can make a couple of hundred quid out of you.

best of luck mate

:cry:

Back to the top

A5OPY said

MK1_Arron said

A5OPY said

1.How long did you leave it there?
2. why?

im confused have you no mates who could have towed it to your house?

Well look on the bright side i can assume you where 3rd party fire and theft???

you might get more for it than it was worth smashed up- every cloud has a silver lining :D

1. 4 days
2. Couldn't afford to move it immediately. I don't have any friends with a tow truck, sadly.

And I don't want to lose my years no claims mate! They're soo soo valuable at my age!  :|
So i'm not claiming it on the insurance. It's just been a very expensive few weeks of motoring
4 days!! if you had posted on here the night you had the prang and asked for help im sure between us we would have had it back at your house within 12 hrs

no need to make the lad feel any worse mate  :|

Back to the top
Aaron,

I'm just starting to speak to a few contacts that I have in the area.

What was the registration?

Can I ask firstly, was the car taxed and insured?

If I get anywhere I'll let you know.

Dan

Back to the top
hi Dano, the car used to be mine and had tax till end of may and i know Aaron had insurance aswell… we've had a couple of drives around the area seeing if we could spot anythin also scrap yards and nothing as of yet. reg was A232 WMF but reg plates arnt on it anymore we took one off and some lads found the other one yesterday on a field…
tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

hi Dano, the car used to be mine and had tax till end of may and i know Aaron had insurance aswell… we've had a couple of drives around the area seeing if we could spot anythin also scrap yards and nothing as of yet. reg was A232 WMF but reg plates arnt on it anymore we took one off and some lads found the other one yesterday on a field…
tom :wink:

Thanks Tom.

Back to the top
Cheers Tom

and Dan  :)  Appreciate the work, hope you uncover something!

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
There's a VW breakers in Altham near Rigbys, I'll go up tomorrow or Monday as a 'mystery shopper', I'm in need of the piece of metal that joins the front of the wings together, over the radiator under the bonnet kinda area. Honestly, mine's rotting quite harshly, put some Kurust on a bit back and it's pretty much wafer thin & crumbly in places now  8O
Tell me where you pranged it. Oh and the engine/chassis number 'cos it should have one on it, that's where they put it  :dontknow:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Chris, give me a ring when you are going up there. I have the all details you'll need!!!!!

I spoke to them today and got a Negative reply. Only VW were shut.

CCTV is in hand to be reviewed tomorrow…. Other jobs permitting!

Back to the top
I'll ask Andrew @ Rigbys if he's got 'owt CCTV wise if I 'suspect' anything.  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Really appreciate the work lads  :)

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
Me and Aaron went to the vw breakers in Altham, and the chap was 'unhelpful' to say the least, mind you the bloke seemed a few sparks short of a circuit if you catch my drift…
Really impressed with how quick things seem to be moving along, well done Lads! Lets hope the CCTV caught something.

Tom :wink:

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Operation 'Gene Hunt' well under way then  :lol:

Back to the top
Drawn a blank at all three in Altham I'm afraid, doh!!

Back to the top
Just claim it on the insurance as an undamaged car. Surely the cost of the car and all this running around is more than the difference in ? that 1 years NCB will make.

Really am gutted for you that all this has happened but a claim is the easiest way to sort it all out, it just depends if you told the PCSO the car was damaged pre theft.  :dontknow:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

Just claim it on the insurance as an undamaged car. Surely the cost of the car and all this running around is more than the difference in ? that 1 years NCB will make.

Really am gutted for you that all this has happened but a claim is the easiest way to sort it all out, it just depends if you told the PCSO the car was damaged pre theft.  :dontknow:

Crash was before the theft though, that means all he can do is claim for the theft of the post-accident, pre-theft condition, which will probably be less than his excess. Trying to claim for pre-accident condition (especially since its been made public, here) will be folly.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Any news re cctv?

Gone, but not forgotten;

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
On my bike on sat and went visited a scrap yard in Great harwood but nowt there. there's a vw scrap yard in bury, it mite be worth havin a look over there just in case they mite have had some bits.

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore
There are too many online users to list.