Skip navigation

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

Back to the top

I'm absolutely distraught. ***UPDATE***

Just seen this sorry for you mate i know how you feel i have the tee-shirt

not much i can help you with as i haven't got any bit you need hope you get her back on the road asap see if you can compile a list of bits you need and lets see what we can sort between us if you need any big bits picking up I have a big van? just give me a shout..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Arron, I can still try and get you somewhere to put it while you break it if you want?? Can also give you a hand if needed, I've got the big socket for driveshaft nut & spline tool for where driveshaft attaches to gearbox if you need the loan of.
Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Another update  :(

Went to pick her up with a truck yesterday… and she's GONE  :|

Rang the police; they don't have her. They suggested the council but they don't have her. She suggested Highways something-or-other, so they're checking for me…

Anyone know what happens if Highways have it?

Doesn't rain but it pours, eh?  :banghead:  :(

And nice one Kav, i'll let you know when I find her… grrr

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
It will be the council - it comes under their rubbish disposal department, any car which looks to have had a crash and seems unroadworthy, will have been taken away by them (if someone phones it in as an eyesore, probably). Where exactly was it parked? on the public road or off street?

In my experience (a long time ago) if the council have taken it, you'll not see it again.

If its definitely not the council then its been stolen, probably for the parts.

Back to the top
Arron, where in Ossie was it?? There's a few 'sites' there if you know what I mean, and may have been dishonestly moved.
Or have a drive past Nook Lane recovery on Haslingden Old Rd (left @ Brittania pub and it's on your right heading towards Haslingden) they may have it.

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Another update  :(

Went to pick her up with a truck yesterday… and she's GONE  :|

Rang the police; they don't have her. They suggested the council but they don't have her. She suggested Highways something-or-other, so they're checking for me…

Anyone know what happens if Highways have it?

Doesn't rain but it pours, eh?  :banghead:  :(

And nice one Kav, i'll let you know when I find her… grrr

Bloody hell, if it was the Council they sure move fast round your way!

T

Back to the top
Council wouldn't have touched it, as it is Tax'd and where it was parked was not obstructing any paths ways or roads.
It will be your local chav from scrappers arron
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Council don't have it, so it's been stolen.

Went up there today to do a bit of mooching: had a look at a few scrappers and dismantlers on the way - no luck.

Knocked on a door and a woman came out, saying she noticed the car had gone, then from round the back some young chavs came, holding the back registration plate! (which they'd 'found') They suggested the local gypseys took it - there's a few in the area!!

It was exactly as I thought, and as you suggested, Kav. If that is the case, which it probably is, it will be a coke can by now; they don't mess about.

Police are coming round tonight at 8 as i've reported it stolen, i'll let you know how it goes…

Back to the top
8O Gutted for you mate, hope you find it in the same condition it left.

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
ah mate never rain but it pours what a bummer i hope she comes back as she left i hate people that think they can take any thing they see!!
good luck mate i realy realy hope u get her back

Back to the top
Don't want to speak out of turn but have you PM'd Mr Chairman. PM me where you 'know it is'?? I'll go playing the numpty, I've got a Mk1 and it might need some bits  8O Rogue Traders without the bike  :lol:

Back to the top

Zeus said

8O Gutted for you mate, hope you find it in the same condition it left.

no ihope you find it in better condition than you left it!!!

hows it going with the "ol' plod"?

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Don't want to speak out of turn but have you PM'd Mr Chairman. PM me where you 'know it is'?? I'll go playing the numpty, I've got a Mk1 and it might need some bits  8O Rogue Traders without the bike  :lol:

if you find it, it may be easier to offer ?50 and buy the whole car back. saves a shed load of hastle. and apart from the obvious (?50 down) you would have learnt a valuable lesson.

really gutted for you tho mate.

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Sorry mate, I don't understand you…
I don't know where it is  :dontknow:  

And who's the Chairman, and why should I PM him? lol

Bobby has just been, it was a PCSO (Community Support). I just gave him all the details - from the crash on Saturday to having a mooch and recovering the reg plate today.
Said they'd get back to me when they get any further with it.
Oh, and, he gave me a number to report it as stolen to the DVLA.

What a bloody farse this is turning out to be, eh.
another one of life's many obstacles…
Just get fed up of jumping don't you  :|

Back to the top
Sorry mate, thought you'd knocked on at a scrappers and the woman came out. Lost in translation I'm afraid, need the top front bit where bonnet sits on mine due to rust. Could've asked if they had one, not bothered about colour n that.
Chris

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Bobby has just been, it was a PCSO (Community Support). I just gave him all the details - from the crash on Saturday to having a mooch and recovering the reg plate today.
Said they'd get back to me when they get any further with it.
Oh, and, he gave me a number to report it as stolen to the DVLA.

What a bloody farse this is turning out to be, eh.
another one of life's many obstacles…
Just get fed up of jumping don't you  :|

feel for you mate, hope a comes good,seems you are just having a run of bad luck. try the local metal recycling centre if you haven't already,

Back to the top
just a quik thought mate, might be worth asking the pub(know your not friendly with them) and the local businesses if they have cctv?, may have caught something? ie pick up truck reg, name on side…

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top

holeinmk1 said

just a quik thought mate, might be worth asking the pub(know your not friendly with them) and the local businesses if they have cctv?, may have caught something? ie pick up truck reg, name on side…

Tom :wink:

Very true mate, might see if that factory we passed in the dip has CCTV.
However I doubt the pub will be willing to help  :dontknow:

Cheers though, it's a good idea  :)

Back to the top
1.How long did you leave it there?
2. why?

im confused have you no mates who could have towed it to your house?

Well look on the bright side i can assume you where 3rd party fire and theft???

you might get more for it than it was worth smashed up- every cloud has a silver lining :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

1.How long did you leave it there?
2. why?

im confused have you no mates who could have towed it to your house?

Well look on the bright side i can assume you where 3rd party fire and theft???

you might get more for it than it was worth smashed up- every cloud has a silver lining :D

1. 4 days
2. Couldn't afford to move it immediately. I don't have any friends with a tow truck, sadly.

And I don't want to lose my years no claims mate! They're soo soo valuable at my age!  :|
So i'm not claiming it on the insurance. It's just been a very expensive few weeks of motoring

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.