Skip navigation

Jimmy's Canyon Red 5dr '80 Series 1 GLS!

Back to the top

Jimmy's Canyon Red 5dr '80 Series 1 GLS!

Yeah, starting to get a bit silly, hopefully it will calm down in time, have been trying to sort a garage for it but not come up with anything yet.  Other mates have cortina's, minors and Amazons on the street and don't get any attention, just unlucky I guess.  :dontknow:

Nice little bargain cheered me up though!  :wink:

Back to the top
looking very good mate

love the colour… but i would say that…

here's ours..

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47818&start=0

Back to the top
Bit of weekend tinkering,

A new one of these…

lets me do this without getting nervous!

an adhesive mirror turns this

into this, doesn't fit exactly but I'm liking the visibility results, maybe more convex than the original or something?

And a little fix for an old break in scar:

doesn't look as good but will *touch wood* stop it looking like an easy target.

And after ages of looking for a decently priced old Blaupunkt radio on UK ebay, I picked up this on ebay.de!  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230336579158 It pays to have a German housemate sometimes!

Back to the top
Roofrack = bargain.

Radio = bargain.

So come on what you getting next :wink:

Back to the top
Ha ha, some of my mates have started to call me Lovejoy!  The car was a bit of a bargain too!

The guy I dealt with Klaus was really nice, his English isn't the best, but if you want a cheap period radio he could be your man, ask him for shipping first of course but he charged me 18 Euros which isn't bad considering.  He's got a few on at the mo - http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQsassZvwluckyQQhtZ-1 and you'll need to pay through auctionchex or get a friendly eurozone citizen to transfer funds for a bottle of wine!

I spend far too much time on ebay, interesting to see that MK1's command a fair old price in their homeland too, but parts seem to be cheap, now what's German for chrome?!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice tidy car mate, those wheels really suit it, although it is riding a bit high :lol: , i left my car parked on the street once, and had similar stuff happen, mine was stripped out at the time so probably looked an easy target, had a few attempts, no damage caused luckily, never again though, garaged all the way!  :D

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Got the stereo and new bumpers delivered, (I've decided to go with the plastic ones with headlight washers) the bumpers need a new lease of life so I will do that before sticking them on.  Anyone help me out with fitting the radio?  Pop over to the electricals forum there's a thread on there with q's.

What it looks like/will look like!

Back to the top
seen these on the bay, not sure they be suitable but who knows.
As for the seat cloths could be a case of the meatl rods that fit into material pockets in the base cloths. The material rots and the cloths lift. you would need to make new sleeves up, I did a DIY for this. THIS IS ASSUMING THAT YOUR SEATS ARE SET UP LIKE MINE. I AM NOT SURE AS MY SEAT FOAMS LOOK DIFFERENT.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK1-Golf-5-Door-Beige-and-Brown-Seats-Interior_W0QQitemZ280338410732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item280338410732&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A4%7C294%3A200#ebayphotohosting

LINK TO SEAT REFURB HOW TO

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59405

Hope this helps..

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Nice radio :)

Back to the top
Looks like our cars share damage, n/s bumper damage, and prior break in damage!

Loving the radio, if you come across another let me know

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Thanks Chortle, I've spoken to that same guy about panels, he's only a few mins away from my folks place.  The seats look great but are slightly different to mine and can't really justify the expense when there is so much else to do.  Your guide is amzing though, thanks for that, has inspired me to have a look.  Weirdly I have a friendly neighbourhood upholsterer who might be able to help me out by cutting new foams, fingers crossed.

Funk-star I will keep an eye out, try going on to ebay.de and typing in Blaupunkt oldtimer golf 1, that's what I did.

Novocaine has sorted me out with some advice on the leccy, so a trip to Maplins tomorrow and I should be able to get this puppy up and running.

Cheers guys!

Back to the top
Hello folk, it's been ages, I'm now re-employed and the golf is currently getting MOT bits done.  

Only failed on corrosion by the master cylinder and knackered front struts, getting the welding done and taking the opportunity to get a spring and damper kit, currently looking at the Weitec Ultra GT, have gone off the idea of coilies after reading up, she's not going near the track, I don't want to absolutely slam her, and I'm not going to have her properly corner weighted either so it seems like a waste.

What do people think re 40mm vs 60mm drop or 60 and 40 (she likes to stick her nose in the air!) I'm running 14's, not sure of the tyre size. And is Venom the cheapest place to get kits like this?

Cheers!   :D

Back to the top
I wondered where you had got to. Good to see you still have the mk1.

Back to the top

Just found a picture of my old MK2 GTD and couldn't resist! Wish I still had her.  Spot the similarity?

Back to the top
cheers Ross, been lurking around awhile, but haven't had anything to report.

Planning to have it a while yet, maybe even make car of the month one day! ;-)

Back to the top
Nice Mk2 GTD you had…same wheels as the Mk1 has now too? Glad to hear you've got a job again.  :y:  As for the spring & damper kits, I got my G-Max gas front dampers through Venom and they were the cheapest place I could find online, but I already had lowering springs so not sure how competitive they are with kits. Just shop around online.

Back to the top
Thinking about selling due to new project and no garage space for the winter.

Any thoughts on what this is worth? :cry:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.