Skip navigation

KANGAROO/CUTTING OUT PROB....NOW SORTED!!!

Back to the top

KANGAROO/CUTTING OUT PROB....NOW SORTED!!!

Excellent.
But i did 1st state as regards fuel etc but you said mechanic sorted it, so then i gave you other opinon as regards air feed.
The vapour separator IS essential along with ll other parts you replaced, which is expected for a car of this age as this would have also been full of crap also, but you have replaced this which is good
I still say please re-fit the end of the fuel sender for one that has not been cut as you are going to have problems again, like i said it is their for a reason to stop crap coming up etc, so if you do that you are better off and can be reassured and enjoy the driving the car without worring.
Glad you had sorted it, best wishes and have fun, thou 100mph tut tut
Cover the petrol cap also just incase it might rain and water in fuel not good lol, don't want other problems starting
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Shooterdee, glad you've sorted it.

Peddersgolf, I think his sender filter is in tact, twas moi that has butchured the filter on mine. However as I changed most the parts regarding the fuel supply and it was still doing it I decided to do it and have not had problems since. I have changed the fuel filter about three times now though as there was crap coming through but all seems to be running clear now.

Maybe I wouldn't have bothered, but when I tried to get the sender out for the second time I managed to shatter the top of the sender unit, too much haste with a hammer and block of wood (I know, I know, but I tried to remove it as shown in one of your tuts but it wouldn't budge, not even with my next door neighbour and his mate who are both 16st + trying to get it to shift) and I didn't fancy paying the ?120 odd quid that the vw stealer was asking for one, so I fixed it with some araldite and then decided to put the little v cut in it.
All is well so far and has been for the past month or two.

rowdy

Back to the top
Where is the sender filter please - think i gotta replace or least clean mine! Wheres the tut pls? Ta!

Back to the top
Picture would be good on this!

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.