Skip navigation

Webber carb

Back to the top

Webber carb

thanks for that, so hopefully i will be closer to getting the engine to top performance, keep posted :D

Back to the top
Ok i finally replaced all vac pipes and all connected correctly, bought new flange and replaced, sounds and pulls much better now.
The car won't idle now, so i had to increase the idle speed screw a little but there is something at the front of the carb on the adapter plate with a wire and that came off when i was screwing it to the flange, it is connected but not sure if its working as it should, any ideas pls? :roll:

Back to the top
With regards to pete's  post on the carb flange: I ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and still haven't received it yet i have tried contacting the seller with no joy so they my possibly be, be away on holiday at the moment so if your like me and in dier need of the flange no pun intended lol possibly look elsewhere as im now at a stand still as to getting my car back up and running and being a true yorkshire man don't want to shell out twice for the same thing so im still waiting!

Danno387

:roll:

Back to the top
You want to be buying from Richard mate at Crazy Quiffs, superfast postage :)

Back to the top
I still have this flat spot now, even after adjusting the timing, driving me mad, is there anything i am missing :(

Back to the top
look in the carb and pump the accelorator as if your revin the engine. you should see fuel squirting down into the carb. this gives a squire at the begining of acceration to remove the flat spot.
if not then the its blocked or the pump diaphram is knakerd

if first you dont succeed. read the instructions.

Back to the top
will do asap, flat spot now worse than ever, can the pump diaphram be replaced? and if blocked will carb cleaner to the trick?

Back to the top
YES AND YES!!

if first you dont succeed. read the instructions.

Back to the top
U sorted this yet?
I've joined you on this mission on my own car!! Are the fuel vapour thingys on the front available anywhere or the same as this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300268310157&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

Asking as mine is rusted to heck! But me inline filter is clean and the fuel pumps thru there nicely but will be checking timing, plugs, leads tomorro, wanna change that vapour thingy n am going to start again re-setting the carb after that!
Found this on here to help with setting up the idle if it helps?
CARBURETOR SET UP AND LEAN BEST IDLE ADJUSTMENT

Hopefully we'll both get sortd eventually even if i have only had my car a whole 8 days!!!  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.