Skip navigation

SO IS THERE REALLY NO MEETS IN DEVON OR CORNWALL

Back to the top

SO IS THERE REALLY NO MEETS IN DEVON OR CORNWALL

please say there is. if not how easy is it to set up a meet place and event time?

cheers

vw golf mk1 GX 1.5 1983

Back to the top

Re: SO IS THERE REALLY NO MEETS IN DEVON OR CORNWALL

jborley said

if not how easy is it to set up a meet place and event time?

cheers

It's ever so easy to name a date and location, but no guarantee anyone will come  :? .

You need to do a bit of detective work and find out who is and who isn't willing to attend meets (which is really what your doing now)  :wink:

If their isn't much interest, then look for your local V Dub club and go to a few of those, you'll eventually bump into some mk1 owners and get a bit of a rapport going.  (The West Midlands Regional meets were dead and buried until 18 months ago, then through attending another VW meet, a group of Mk1 owners met and we got to know each other and resurrected it)  :wink:

Back to the top
well there is alot of other vw clubs such as t4 meets but not sure bout mk1 meets!lol

cheers

vw golf mk1 GX 1.5 1983

Back to the top

jborley said

well there is alot of other vw clubs such as t4 meets but not sure bout mk1 meets!lol

cheers

Go to the other VW meets, you'll eventually bump into some Mk1's …………. it never fails to happen  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
will do but aint other meets just for the vehicle the meet is for?

cheers

vw golf mk1 GX 1.5 1983

Back to the top
There are lots of meets that are for all things VW, maybe the T5 club isn't the right one, but I just googled North Devon VW clubs and got a few listed…………..initially they all seem like aircooled clubs, but by delving into their forums I've seen a few Scirocco and Mk1 Golf issues discussed, so worth looking checking out  :y:  :y:

Back to the top
will look on Google myself cheers for the help!lol

vw golf mk1 GX 1.5 1983

Back to the top
About to get my golf back on the road for the summer and willing to help organise some Devon meets over the summer, am based in Torquay.

'84 Cab Gti

Back to the top
Have a look back through the previous threads….

Put SWM in as a search and you'll see a load of previous meets from about 3 years ago. Then pm those people and see if they're still around and owning their cars. They may wish to get involved again.

Its damn hard work keeping momentum going at meets so that they don't become boring and the 'same old same old' chit chat.

Up north we've tried to inject a few different activities but the main thing for you down there is actually finding the owners in such a big area!!

Pm A5OPY (he may be on holiday at the mo) and he'll have a list of members down your way.

Good luck with you meet.
Dan

Back to the top
hi, only just found this thread! there are meets in cornwall actually! only there hasnt been any this year as most people have cars in storage or working on them. there is a hard core of about half dozen of us from all over cornwall who meet up. it takes some organising and for someone to volunteer a venue(last meet was Jamaica inn). if you want to get a meet going then start a thread i will help all i can.  one comment i have is that the devon dubers never venture over the border and come to a meet.

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
Hey, I'm based in cornwall (at the mo, moving to north devon soon) and would be up for attending a meet wherever/whenever it may be!
I would of thought that cornwall would be swarming with mk1's but alas, everytime i go out in mine i rarely see any others.
It just seams to be swarming with Impreza fools near where i live!
Anyway, if there are enough people out there then lets get to it!

Back to the top
Im from Plymouth and would meet in Devon or Cornwall and my car is on the road how many others would be up for it maybe Paighton sea front????????????????????? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Have a look at the CVWOC website.
They have a meet arranged for the 21st of april, down near perranporth.
There's also a swapmeet i roche on april 12th.
Who else wil be attending in their mk1's?

Back to the top
Hey guys, im in Sidmouth In east devon, if there is anything nearby im more than up for a meet. the best idea would be to link it with swdubs.co.uk meet. They are a really good bunch, meet in okehampton to trundle along the moor rounds…

My email is tomwelch360@hotmail.co.uk

Id say if we can get a solid 8-10 of us and you pre-warn a date than im more than up for it while im in devon. However i will be back at uni in birmingham at the end of my easter hols… :mrgreen:

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
Mk1 mike is trying to organise a meet in paignton for the 26th of april.

Back to the top
I know I'm too late for the last one, but I'd be up for the next one and the one after that and the one after that. I'll even bring the boyf so he can drive Ruby, so thats two of us in!!!

And we'd be willing to travel over the border too :D

Go on, get it organised :cheer:

Mwah

Woowoo

Mk1 Golf GTi Cab '88

Mk1 Golf GTi Sportline '91

Mk1 Golf GTi Rivage '92

Mk2 Golf GTi '92

Mk3 Golf VR6 '92

Back to the top
hi everyone,

a bit late i know but had a meet in kingsteignton, just outside newton abbott, last night with the south west dubs people, was well attended by about 20-25 cars, everything from mk 1 golfs and jettas to rallye and a passat.

was a good atmosphere and nice to chat to fellow vw nuts, if you check thier website there is a meet on sun evening, going from plymouth to a cafe on the a38 at trerulefoot roundabout, not sure how many mk1s will be there but sure you'd be more than welcome.

once mines on the road…….(next week hopefully)…….. i'd be up for a meet so keep us posted guys and girls

Back to the top

Devon/Cornwall meet

Just found this thread.
I'd be up for a meet if one was arranged.  I'd pretty much go any where in the two Counties but would have to be a weekend due to family comitments.
Does any one have any ideas where we could meet?

Back to the top
Do we have a regional host who can organise this, or do we do it ourselves?

Mwah

Woowoo

Mk1 Golf GTi Cab '88

Mk1 Golf GTi Sportline '91

Mk1 Golf GTi Rivage '92

Mk2 Golf GTi '92

Mk3 Golf VR6 '92

Back to the top

Devon/Cornwall meet

I've spoken to the powers that be and I'm considering taking on the role.
I just wanted to at the moment see what interest there is within the area and get a feel for what every body would like to do in the way of meets.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.