Skip navigation

My first gti update pic heavy

Back to the top

My first gti update pic heavy

Looks amazing dude. Whats the plans for it? Engine wise? Seats look pretty mint. And the paint well… Yano… My opinion is the same as everyone else. Just awsome. No other words. Is it a show car? Or will it be out rain haile and snow?

Matt

Back to the top
Cheers Matt, The engine has had a complete rebuild with a rebore out to 82.51mm using Mahle Pistons
and a full btm end balance, seats are spot on. She will come out for shows and meets and sunny days but
will be sorn over the winter months.

Back to the top
It doesn't matter how much time you take or blood, sweat and skin you loose once you pull off that masking tape and see that fresh paint it makes it all worthwhile..
Nice colour that mate, will look great all polished up in the sunlight 8)

Back to the top
lookin the dogs lickey bits keep it going vw wot more can we say

jj weir

Back to the top
Keep watching some more pics coming tomorrow,and thanks for the good comments and
Stupidstu you hit the nail on the head.

Back to the top
Top job on the paint, mine is nearly all prep-ed up just 2 weeks til she is away, cant wait seeing yours in paint makes me go arrrrh  :banghead:  i want my car lol cant wait to see more, maybe i should put the few pics of mine on. :)

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Get them pics up Ginner

Back to the top
More pics, engine & interior parts and Gearbox.

Please excuse the dust on some of the parts they will have a proper clean when i put
them back on the car :redfaced:  :redfaced:

Back to the top
Excellent. Keep them coming mate. Looking mint

Back to the top
it looks on track

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://unitwan.co.nr/vw.htm

Back to the top
The gearbox looks very nice, what have you used for the finish on it?

Back to the top
Thanks fellas, Used Ali clean first on the gearbox to get rid of any oil and grease,then aluma blast for the colour
followed by Diamond clear coat.Does come up great, get all these from Frosts.

Back to the top
lookin good mate, little tip wrap the parts up when there dry saves you loads of time ftrying to clean again

foxy

Back to the top
That gearbox looks great mate!!
Might have a crack at that myself. Who or what is Frosts??
Without sounding thick

Back to the top
loooks like a good project matey id be chuffed so far if i was you

Back to the top
Cheers for the tip foxy,add1989 i am made up so far just need to crack on and get her finished.
Stupidstu if you look on the left hand side of the page you will see adverts on of them is for
Frosts just click on it and it will take you direct to their web page.

Back to the top
Finally found your thread mate…have seen the car at college and its superb condition and the level of detail is second to none…

you`ll be glad to get it done and drive it..!!!

top work mate..see you wednesday

Back to the top
i have just it to,seen the effort thats going into this every week at college looks really good well done

Back to the top
looking great mate......good work

Back to the top
Cheers for the comments boys,will update a few more pics soon as she is starting to go
back together.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.