Skip navigation

My first gti update pic heavy

Back to the top

My first gti update pic heavy

Few more pics to look at of the respray,Here she is in primer.

At last with some colour Larsa Green.

The marks you can see in some of the photos are off the camera and not on the car, The car looks
exellent and i am really happy :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
its gonna be superb mate!

Back to the top
Thanks mate, lots of people looking but not many commenting was starting to feel like there was no point
in posting up the pics.

Back to the top
Fair play mate thats going to look really nice when its all done.

Makes me want mine to go in the bodyshop NOW and not closer to the end of the year lol.

Back to the top
Wow that looks amazing in that colour
Nice choice Andy, i think thats the colour i'd pick first for a respray

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guys its good to get some feed back,will keep posting pics as things
move along,would like her done for the AMG. Still got to make up new fuel and brake lines clean
and paint some parts and wait for the engine to come back from the engineers, then rebuild her
back up. Few days work ( not ).

Back to the top

andy-b said

Few days work ( not ).
Yah just a couple :P

Back to the top

andy-b said

Thanks mate, lots of people looking but not many commenting was starting to feel like there was no point
in posting up the pics.

I know what you mean.  I joined a Vespa Forum last sunday and stuck a newbie post up 10 views, no replies  :( ..

just a matter of posting it up at the right time.. then it'll be top of the new posts   :wink:

Back to the top
Looks great, what a difference to the first couple of pics! How tidy is that workshop…

Watching, so ready for more updates!!

Back to the top
Looks fantastic mate, mine is slowly getting toward the paint stage. Where abouts are you based?

Back to the top
Paint work is awesome man

Where are you getting all this done ???

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Cheers Fellers,
In answer to your questions,The workshop is spotless because it has to be that way as the
paint was done at a college by a young girl who did it as part of her final passing out exam,
as for the prep work i did this myself and a mate  did any welding that was needed.
amb,i am down in Darwen where are you based, just been told by the engineers that i can
have the block and head back next week so i can paint them up will do plenty of pics and post
them next week.

Back to the top
Cheers for the comments on my thread mate. Im just the other side of Burnley, my sister lives on the Fernhurst estate just outside Darwen. Might have to come and have a look at yours whens its finished. Which college did you get the paint done at? Are you happy with the results?

Andy

Back to the top
great progress and that paint finish :) :)

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments madone-si, Andy-the college is in ashton under lyne and i am pleased
with the result,you are more than welcome to come and have a look any time i will pm you my mobile
so give me a ring.

Back to the top
Looking good mate keep it up 8) Any chance i can bring mine down for a fresh lick of paint :lol:

Back to the top
Oh wow, nice paint :) Lhasa always looks spot on when it's fresh on

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guys, Larsa is a lovely colour but you need to keep on top of
it to keep it looking like it was just painted,going to start on the brake and fuel lines in
the next few days as well as trying to complete the rest of the cleaning.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cheers foxy,Im sure your next project will look just as good if not better.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.