Skip navigation

any one done this and what do you think ,picks, update

Back to the top

any one done this and what do you think ,picks, update

Looks great matey. I'd have got bored after two mins so well done. Keep the pics coming :D

Back to the top

engine strip down

time to take the 2l abf to bits  to see how she as worn

looks very dirty it fell off the stand and landed on a Tyre stroke of luck

head came off no probs

bores look good

piston rock a bit piston slap i hate it this is when the piston come to the end of there stroke and tilt because of wear on the piston

the only way of getting rid is a re bore but you can make it better by replacing the rings and all new bearings with i am going to do as i am sick of running them in i hate 3000rpm or less for 2000 miles not again for me

crank and piston out . now a degrease

going to take the block off for bead blasting had a lot done last week

now the nice bits that's going back on

a set of cams with followers ultimate road 700 pounds worth don't tell the wife

and some nice motor bike carbs

now its time to get the head rebuilt with a bit of polishing and flowing

Back to the top
its rubbish! u charge high pricey for parts i want, i dont like you!!! joooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiing lol,

i like it tbh, each to there own, dont mata if people say its rubbish or good your car!!! be diffrent!!!!

sort me them carbs for 1.8l for cheap lol

Back to the top
:D i for one mate love it as its pretty simmilar to how mines gonna look! fair play and good luck!

Back to the top
Sorry not for me, it wouldn't look out of place in a bus though. Engine wear looks nominal but bead blast the block?? Those beads can get into places you can't access to get them back out…..

Back to the top
i once had a 18 gti rocker cover blasted .looked good but what i didn't realize the beads had gone it the breather mesh and stuck to the wet oil up there .1 week later bye bye bottom end ..learnt my lesson cover every hole with rubber and the bead just bounces off

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Back to the top
got a few bits sorted full Polly bush set . made bye poly race the hardiest poly bushes on the market and the best i think .i have used a lot of poly bushes and find these are the best and cheapest they give me 45% off can't be beaten

also got my rear beam sorted had it blasted then painted had to get a roll bar as it is a none gti and mk2 16 rear disks

got my panels i had 2 wings and a hatch made fiber glass and a carbon fiber bonnet i love it would buy all carbon fiber if i could  but with the bonnet being 500 pounds and the wings and hatch only being 260 i think i will stick with the fiber glass for now

cleaned my springs up i have used on another project and painted my wish bones

the car is ready for paint just looking for a man to do it been let down once already

Back to the top
What colour are you going to paint the car? Are you going to paint the carbon bonnet or leave the weave visable? It would be a shame to pay ?500 and paint over the best part of the aesthetics, you might as well have bought a fibreglass bonnet if you're goint to paint it. Are the gap lines on the fibreglass panels good? Looking good tho  8) , i'm proper jelous. Keep the updates & pics coming!

Back to the top
the paint is my biggest problem ,witch one i can't chose been looking for 2 weeks .still don't know.i am not painting the bonnet as you say it seems stupid to not see the weave look good to me

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Yellow, then a black carbon bonnet will look even better.

Back to the top
Gun metal Grey, would look stunning with the carbon bonnet. It would also compliment the diamond plating & roll cage. Then a set of BBS splits with black centres and polished rims. Quality  8)

Back to the top
happy days back on wheels  again but not all good news .looks just how i wanted it low and very fat

i love it

the front is another matter the tyres are not good the rears are 45 s the front 60 s need to change .the problems i have is the front stick out perfect with out the calipers on with then on i need a spacer 20mm makes the wheel look stupid does any one no how i can sort this need a smaller caliper these are the one s i am was using

you can see on this one just catchers the top

with spacers to big .may look better when the tyres are sorted with a bit of stretch

ps look who waiting to come in

might after wait till later this year was hoping to get both them done for summer but not going to happen

Back to the top
Funny looking servo? Which one is it, I don't recognise it.

Back to the top
spent 6 hours sanding one of my wheels down .the worst one to polish it .started of with 180 grit paper as the wheel was very bad then went on to wet a dry and finished off with 1500.very hard work then found out that i could fit then on my lave .
turned out good my hand but will look better on the lave

one on the left polished

middle s will be same colour as the car

Back to the top
finally got my rear brakes finished .new wheel bearings new disks ,mk4 rear alloy calipers ,braided hoses .
i also put a new arch on the passenger side was a bit worried about it so changed it now just waiting for the spray going in on the 8th of June .still have got to chose a colour .help as to go with alloy

Back to the top
Looking nice!! As for he colour something retro it has to be!!  :D

Back to the top
Loving this 8)  Those wheels look spot on. If you car ends up too fat there's some Berg Cup style arches on ebay at mo! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
got my wheels sprayed think i might give them one more coat ,still look good to me just to find some nice bolts and there done .
spray shop on the 8 th of June been waiting 5 weeks for it and its gone slow cant wait to get it back then build build build ,,

love these 10" rears

Back to the top

Re: engine strip down

and some nice motor bike carbs

now its time to get the head rebuilt with a bit of polishing and flowing

hey, im running a 2ltr 16v ABF engine in my caddy, wondering where u got those bike carbs from and how much?? i been trying to do some research on them like how to fit em? where to buy em from etc but cant find much on my engine

cheers

Back to the top
ooks good some real quality work has gone into it and it certainly looks like no corners have been cut along the way, how much diference is the roll cage going to make on your insurance as it made a massive difference on my mini i did and one thing you will have to indure is the noise that will be generated from all the paneling inside, it was unbearable in my mini so i had to take it all back out and put some insulation between the shell and metal paneling to act as sound proofing, it did make a difference but it still was noisey and if i think back and be honest i would not do it again in another car, it was fun to do but as some one stated earlier in your progress its fine for the track but i think you may find the noise a bit annoying for an every day or other day rd use car??? i hope you enjoy and every bit of applause for the job your doing on it and the standard nice one :wink:

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.