Skip navigation

My MK2 - yes a MK2 -

Back to the top

My MK2 - yes a MK2 -

is that oxide red weather proof? i want to do a similar thing with grey primer to get a matt finish, what make did you use?

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Unsure about red oxide but primer is not waterproof and if painted on its own, will soon cause issues if left uncovered, in rain/etc.

Back to the top

bens_cab said

steve not sure if its been pointed out but its a mk2 what have you done man :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Its better than the mk3 estate i had as my daily driver prior to this!!

Back to the top

brucieboy said

is that oxide red weather proof? i want to do a similar thing with grey primer to get a matt finish, what make did you use?

red oxide is normally a primer, with rust inhabiting propertes, lots of buildings/bridges painted with it.

It is designed as a primer so is probably porous..

If your going for a matt finish, and want a real good finish then use a matting agent in the paint.

The car was alpine white which isnt laquered, like the reds etc, so a light rub down all over, and then red oxide, as there is paint under the red oxide protecting the metal work, any exposed steel has been painted first, so I'm not worried about it.. I may even laquer it yet .

:dontknow:

Back to the top
You do know this is a mk1 forum?!?!?! im not sure if this should really be allowed tbh and should really be removed…

:lol:  :wink:  :mrgreen:  I spent quite a bit of time with Steve and his good Lady at the pod on sunday and this is a very tidy mk2, the red oxide also works really well!!! im just not sure on going any lower as its already very very low  :lol:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
just found this pic on dubclique by Carly,

8)

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
Ahem!!! can you read the second rule in the welcome page please lawsy! :lol:

Back to the top
Like the pic :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
one more…

Back to the top

sam_m said

Ahem!!! can you read the second rule in the welcome page please lawsy! :lol:

yes

and so am i…

But as it also states, this site is about the member as well as the mk1 golf, so I'm a member with a mk1 golf and this is my daily driver project, hence this area, post up your projects…..

Back to the top

M7R said

one more…

not bad, i took a few of that puddle too, shame this one doesnt show up the red oxide very well,looks just  like a red mk2!!!

Back to the top
looked good at spring festival :D
good to have a chat to u aswell dude

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top

justin-gti said

looked good at spring festival :D
good to have a chat to u aswell dude

cheers mate

likewise

Just want to also thanks to everyone for shwing yor support in the work I'm doing for the club, one person said something that really brough it all home and I'm pleased everyones happy with it all so far…

So thanks a lot, that meant a lot to me…  :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.