Skip navigation

number plate manufacturer?

Back to the top

number plate manufacturer?

any thoughts on approaching a number plate manufacturer.

either for club specific plates or just for original looking plates?
preferable with the dealers logo on the bottom. :wink:

Back to the top
this is a very interesting idea!  would yo want pressed metal legal ones with club logo along bottom?  or normal legal plastic ones?

hello!

Back to the top
The club already does number plate holders/surrounds, with the club logo and website, or something. Or have we run out of stock of these? It kind of half solves the problem or answers the suggestion already. And, they cover up the obligitary number plate manufacturer, postcode and BS mark which is now required, thus ending up looking neater if you want detailed neatness, etc.

Back to the top

Back to the top
paul yes we do have these if you look at the merchandise thread at top off this forum you will see them the last item listed.   but novacaine means the whole numberplate,  which is something that had crossed my mind before.

hello!

Back to the top
Mark, will drop an email ref this

Back to the top
i like the idea of pressed metal plates! More so the OLD style font
Still have original plates on mine but worried about potential of damage

Back to the top
I have a contact for pressed metal European style plates, he does discounts for forums/owners clubs etc.

http://www.theplateman.com/home.htm

Dave

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Nice euro plates
Shame they're not road legal :cry:

Back to the top
I'd be up for a set of old style font/ dealer plates if this goes ahead, i suspect a lot of people would be very interested. i still have my old plates but they're looking tired now so some nice n.o.s ones would look fantastic, and pressed metal would be even better 8)  8)  :mrgreen:

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
pressed metal legal plates would be great id have some

Back to the top

Club number plates

HI guys,

my mate has his own number plate business i have been ragging him for ages to get a euro look font on his website ,

I will speak to him but i am pretty sure he can put on number plates anything we want ie: club logos etc.

But he cannot do pressed metal .

Check out his site at http://www.proplates.co.uk/

will get back to you all soon

Back to the top
hi,

Not quite sure what the pressed metal ones look like  :oops:  can any1 put an example on here for me pls?  :)  :)  :)

Back to the top
I have never seen an original pressed metal plate with a dealer logo on it. Pressed plates were plain and the dealers used to fit the rear window stickers. It was only on introduction of the plastic laminated plates that dealers could add in their logo to number plates.

The old style Charles Wright font number plates are easily sourced, they're about ?20 for a pair of pressed metal ones on ebay.

They are also, in a round about way, legal as they are the correct style font for the age of the car and could easily be the original plates.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

They are also, in a round about way, legal as they are the correct style font for the age of the car and could easily be the original plates.

Metal plates were replaced by acrylic in 1980 and so would be illegal for the majority of Mk1s.

Banner

Back to the top

number plates

so why are they banned over here,they would look great on any car,be it new or old :dontknow:

Back to the top
you can get legally pressed plates as i got some done in peterborough by carnoisseur i believe cost me ?30 for the pair delivered to my home and ive never had a problem in two years.
it has all the official stamps that are required for this country, but i do believe they are a bit thinner than the standard metal ones.

but on my car they look perfect and could not be happier personally

Back to the top
Hi Marshy,

Have you any pics of your pressed plates on the car.

Back to the top

marshy said

you can get legally pressed plates as i got some done in peterborough by carnoisseur i believe cost me ?30 for the pair delivered to my home and ive never had a problem in two years.
it has all the official stamps that are required for this country, but i do believe they are a bit thinner than the standard metal ones.

but on my car they look perfect and could not be happier personally

any pics? Or website?

I'd love some pressed plates, for some reason mine has plastic raised plates :/ never seen them before lol

Back to the top
I hope someone can get this as there is a lot of interest from everyone. i would definately be up for the pressed plates with the cabby club logo would look class. iv got last owners name on mine.  :?  :roll:  they have to go but dont want to change 2 times so whats the likelyhood of this going ahead? :?

Cheers Hobo

If She Aint Rubbin It Aint Dubbin !!!

Just Dub It!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.