Skip navigation

*NEW* Milton Keynes 7th April

Back to the top

*NEW* Milton Keynes 7th April

I'm threating to come  :D
  • doing a 10k fun run on Sunday (eak) and expecting to still be able to drive. hahaha - they say it's 2 days to feel the pain  8O

Picked up my S2 GTi last weekend so keep to show it off and pick up some tips.

Back to the top

misterpie said

I'm threating to come  :D
  • doing a 10k fun run on Sunday (eak) and expecting to still be able to drive. hahaha - they say it's 2 days to feel the pain  8O

Picked up my S2 GTi last weekend so keep to show it off and pick up some tips.

LOL…. turn up mate… even if you're walking like you've pooped yourself  :wink:

There should be a fair few of us and it's laid back… probably more laid back the more we all meet up… you'll see a fair few mk1's… and your's will get appreciated (which come on… that's what we're all after  :wink: )… you can't pop up in this thread and not turn up now lol… me and the missus will look out for ya  :lol:

Back to the top
Yeah im def up for the rolling road but not until ive got the bike carbs fitted. But im a bit undecided on what i should get R1 bike carbs or of the GSXR 1300 but anyway yeah when theyre fitted engine tunned etc then ill go :D its unfair otherwise as im still running stock :(
and what else is needed to run the carbs?

Back to the top
And also why has not more people agreed to come to the meet. I got a couple of mates that should be coming one needs serious VW educating and the other is running a mk3 but needs a little bit more persuasion to bite the bullet and get a mk1. I need all your help :D lol

Back to the top

Eurodubber said

one needs serious VW educating and the other is running a mk3 but needs a little bit more persuasion to bite the bullet and get a mk1. I need all your help :D lol

Oh dear lol !!!bring em along… let them see some mk1's.  A few peeps don't post and come along anyway.. one of the coldest days there were 6 mk1's… pretty good result… and we're bound to only increase in numbers as the summer comes in… let's try and take the car park by mid summer :lol: !!

Back to the top
Yef def convince me mate hell chop in the mk3 and get a mk1 he just got it mind you but with enough persuasion i reckon hed give in and get one im after a cheap manual mk1 as long as it runs dont care what bodies like does any one close got one going?
  :D

Back to the top
Not sure fella… try an ad in the cars wanted section.  Or ask around when we all meet next Tuesday  :wink:

Cracking day today so let's hope it's the same for Tuesday  :dance: even if it does mean that Bruce and Daddy Bruce can show off in their cabby  :cry:  mind you you'll be doing the same  :cry:

You've been here for more than two weeks now… still no photo's of your motor or a build thread… come on don't leave us hanging  :wink: .  I'll bung you a pm on how to post pics mate.  You need help with anything give me a shout and I'll help if I can.

ONE WEEK TO GO  :dance:

Back to the top
Yeah sorry ive been really busy lately im a lucky lad and have half term of next week like being back at school lol. Ill take some pics when its nice and stick em up see what you all think :D

Back to the top

Eurodubber said

Yeah sorry ive been really busy lately im a lucky lad and have half term of next week like being back at school lol. Ill take some pics when its nice and stick em up see what you all think :D

nice one… just sent that pm on  posting pics mate.

looking forward to seeing it  :wink:

Back to the top
Right then…. one more day until the meet.  We'll try and get there for 8pm or there abouts.

Who is coming to this one?  Looks like a nice day so pics are a must  :wink:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Right then…. one more day until the meet.  We'll try and get there for 8pm or there abouts.

Who is coming to this one?  Looks like a nice day so pics are a must  :wink:

the sun has got his hat on…hip hip hip hooray!!!  if its like this then, get prepared for some over pre-haircut afro!! can be there for whenever really! may go at about half 7 park up, have to find a nice spot to park up where every one can see us, im thinking where we parked for the first meet, as you drive in on the left? :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

brucieboy said

im thinking where we parked for the first meet, as you drive in on the left? :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Yup… me and Alaine didn't go to the second meet but where we parked the first time…. as you go in is good by us… (please bare in mind we will be in the vectra therefore…. parked as far away from the mk1's as possible so as not to wreckk the pics lol

You bringing puppa Bruce Bruce?

Back to the top
ahh yeah, its a shame, as you will be shunned for disgracing us with your GM euro box lol yeah ill drag him along! please weather!! be nice to us!!!!??? :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Back to the top
Best place to park is as you drive in turn left and then right so we are in the far right hand side of the car park, (landlord said so) we are then out of the way and plenty of space. So if some peeps come in alternative transport (spud  :roll: ) they are still involved.

I will be there at 8, Rajan should be there at 7.30 ish.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Ill be there from 7.30 but gotta pick the mrs up at 8.30ish :( still gives me an hour  :roll:
The weather forcast is dry by the way :D

MK1 Golf C...... Quicker than u think ;)

Back to the top
yeah it may rain at around 3-4 but the rest of the evening should stay clear…he says avidly!  8O  8O  8O

Back to the top
Right then... nearly finished work... so... home, changed, dinner and heading over... see you all at 7.30-8pm!!!

Back to the top
Thanks for giving us the chance to see all 8 of those mk1's… classic!!!  some seriously nice cars out there… puts mine to shame  :tlc:

I've updated a pic thread of the meet in the forum below regions.  I think it's called meets/shows pics  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Thanks to all that turned up, its getting to be a good group.

I tried to talk to all and i hope the newbies felt welcome

Official photographer will now be Spud  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We should get a bit more daylight next month so more car time.

Thanks again

Ant

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.