Skip navigation

Cabriolet?

Back to the top

Cabriolet?

actually you might just have enough money for a reasonable cabby for that.
I bought my '87 gti 1.8 8v, for 1200 about 3 years ago, with very little wrong with it, only being ungaraged once i had it brought about most of the minor problems i'm sorting on it now while refurbing the bits that need replaced due to age (carpets etc)  for 2k you might be quite lucky.
I would also say i prefer the non motorized hood, i like taking mine down and putting it up again, who cares if it rains a wee bit, if it hoons it down just stop and stick it up, simples!

The other option is to spend more on it (part or whole budget) get one that's as mint as possible and then save up for the engine conversion at a later date.

And as other's have said, it's your car you do what you like mate :D  if you read perf VW and the other mag of it's ilk you'll see loads of inspiration in there with loads of folk having done what you want to.  Nothing wrong with doing what YOU want with YOUR car if someone else doesn't like it…well they don't have to drive it do they? :P  

;)

BEWARE KY05 UCO, blind and deaf white haired driver of red transit, avoid at all costs, he thinks running cars on to the verge is ok. i'm fine, car's fine, mood and make up not so good.

Back to the top
yeah thank you for the advice. I think your right. With the money i'll try and find a good one and save up for the engine conversion. i can then spend the extra money on making it look nice ie re-spray if need be coilovers etc and just enjoy what the car was meant to be first.
I spoke to my Dad about getting a convertible and he was like "hairdressers car'! i think it looks great and i suppose it's personal opinion really
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.