Skip navigation

polo gt engine in a mk1

Back to the top

polo gt engine in a mk1

has any1 done it how easy is it to do??

Back to the top
is this skelly off of lowdown?
if it is have a word with nathan on lowdown hes done it ;)

Back to the top

Jack1 said

is this skelly off of lowdown?
if it is have a word with nathan on lowdown hes done it ;)

it is lol
yeh ive been talkin to him and has pointed me in the write direction
did ya get golf tested?

Back to the top
safeeeeeee
yer but all lights are been gay cause of the altinator been poo and not charging the battery

Back to the top
yes v. easy :D i and a few others on here have done it. what do you need to know?

polo gt(p+p, large valves), 5 speed gt box, 4 branch, and twin choke.

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
Has anyone done a guide, or know of a guide for doing this conversion?

Back to the top
theres not realy any need its pretty strait forwardas long as you have:-

wiring loom
in tank lift pump
fuel pump next to spare wheel well
ecu
full engine inc inlet manifold exhaust and gear box

from a polo gt the hardest part is stripping down the wiring loom as you only need the power wires to power up the ecu plus the engine loom.
i did mine in 2 days but i tuck my time.

gaz

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
I'm interested in this conversion but have very little knowledge with mechanics.  How much would it cost for someone to the conversion you reckon?

Back to the top
I put the polo fuel pump and lines to the right of the spare wheel well as u face the back of the car, try to keep as much of the polo fuel lines as poss, I don't know if u need the small white box all the petrol runs through, I blew mine to bits with an airline and had to get a new 1. this was the 1st conversion I've ever done and havin done it, I'm confident i can now do a 20vt in a mk1 (with more money, time and effort.) I spoke to rustymk1 on here, he was soooo helpful. I think the hardest part of the conv. is the fuelling. loads of pipes and inlets and outlets with different sized pipes, got there in the end, someone posted an exploded diagram of the fuel pump/pipe layout on here, I followed it closely to avoid literally exploding the fuel pipes. Another thing worth considering is the gearbox. The golf 1.1 box bolts straight onto the pologt enginre, using thr GT clutch, but i took the thrust bearing from the POLO and put it in the GOLF gbox. the 5speed polo box fits but u need to make a mount where the gbox mount meets the nearside chassis leg. someone has put pics on here of their own mounts, I'm gonna copy their setup this weekend. hit me up if u need pics, I'm not great at PC's but i'll try my best. good luck bro.

She needs PREMIUM DUDE, PREEEMIUMMMM, DUUUUDE!!!!

Back to the top
Nathsmallblock on here was cool aswell, he helped me loads too, and i'm eternally grateful.

Back to the top

dan_73 said

yes v. easy :D i and a few others on here have done it. what do you need to know?

polo gt(p+p, large valves), 5 speed gt box, 4 branch, and twin choke.

thats no gt mate
thats got spi inlet and throttle body

Back to the top
I think it's a GT engine with a carb.

Back to the top
oh yeah, yeha is the man, sorry I forgot to 'shout out' my homie yeha, he was a guiding light for me on this project.

Back to the top

yeha said

I think it's a GT engine with a carb.

gts have multi point injection
thats what makes them a gt along with a differant cam, double valve springs and a gt gearbox

ive owned a gt and ive been in the polo scene and ive owned 3 mk3 polos and a mk2, so i kinda do know whats differant and that

Back to the top
Good for you. I too have owned a GT and done GT conversions on Polo's. That still looks like a GT engine with a carb which is what the owner describes it as.

Back to the top
bno offence or owt but whats the point in that?
most of the gt power has gone by adding a single point carb :S

Back to the top
Alot of people don't feel up to sorting the injection wiring and fuel supply so take the easy way out. If you use the mk2 Polo GK inlet and carb then you've got the same power as the mk3 GT.

Back to the top
arrr i see
id piss piss aorund with wiring and have the multipoitn instead of choke
or evanbetter put bike carbs on

Back to the top

Jack1 said

arrr i see
id *CENSORED* *CENSORED* aorund with wiring and have the multipoitn instead of choke

How come bike carbs are better than multi point fuel injection?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Jack1 said

arrr i see
id *CENSORED* *CENSORED* aorund with wiring and have the multipoitn instead of choke

How come bike carbs are better than multi point fuel injection?

thats an easy one paul

there not.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.